WI: Paramount and Hasbro create shared cinematic universe in 2012

This is a basic WI: What if in 2012, Hasbro approached Paramount Pictures to do a series of films based on both their most popular toylines (Ex: Transformers, G.I. Joe, My Little Pony) and their obscurest toylines (Ex: Stretch Armstrong, M.A.S.K., Visionaries), but, they all were apart of the same universe.

What exactly would be the outcomes? Would the films be live action or animated? Would Transformers: Age of Extinction be canceled or re-worked? What franchises be turned into films?

Good point. I guess if it was a year later, then I think Hasbro and Paramount could see the potential of a HCU.

Me personally, I could see Transformers: Age of Extinction being pushed back a bit to be reworked and maybe Paramount getting the film rights to Stretch Armstrong and restarting from scratch.

CECBC

Banned
Many more bad movies would be made. As a longtime fan of Hasbro toylines I'll admit that the Hasbro movies kinda suck. The first Transformers was pretty good, but they've just been getting worse over time and GI Joe was mediocre at best.

We'd all be looking forward to that Transformers My Little Pony crossover.

I don't think cinematic universes are a magic bullet, in fact they can create more problems than they solve.

Many more bad movies would be made. As a longtime fan of Hasbro toylines I'll admit that the Hasbro movies kinda suck. The first Transformers was pretty good, but they've just been getting worse over time and GI Joe was mediocre at best.

We'd all be looking forward to that Transformers My Little Pony crossover.

I don't think cinematic universes are a magic bullet, in fact they can create more problems than they solve.

I guess you've got a good point. But the thing is that one of the things (not THE thing) that made the MCU a success was the fact that Kevin Fiege was a comic nerd. He also knew what talent was needed to make a perfect adaptation of the characters Marvel had the film rights to.

So, I think that Paramount would need to hire a Kevin Fiege-type producer to helm a Hasbro shared universe and would need the best talent to write, direct, and produce such a series of films....if that makes any sense.

CECBC

Banned
I guess you've got a good point. But the thing is that one of the things (not THE thing) that made the MCU a success was the fact that Kevin Fiege was a comic nerd. He also knew what talent was needed to make a perfect adaptation of the characters Marvel had the film rights to.

So, I think that Paramount would need to hire a Kevin Fiege-type producer to helm a Hasbro shared universe and would need the best talent to write, direct, and produce such a series of films....if that makes any sense.
I don't think hiring a superfan would be such a good idea, just going off the old arguments I remember when the first Transformers movie came out. People were all mad that the Transformers didn't have the boxy style of the originals, and quite a few didn't want human characters to play all but a minor role in the story. Those were the more moderate viewpoints, mind you.

Nothing wrong with hiring someone with respect for the source material...but big changes would have to be made to get that mass-market summer movie appeal.