WI: Orthodox Scandinavia

What if Scandinavia (the cultural region, but I could also just be the peninsula and the nordic islands) had, instead of Roman Catholicism, converted to Eastern Orthodoxy?

I'd argue that converting to Catholicism is inescapable for Denmark at the very least. The Holy Roman Empire constantly required baptism from the kings of Denmark as a prerequisite for peace treaties or alliances. Not converting to Catholicism would likely result in the eventual conquest of Denmark, or at least Jylland.

Sweden may be somewhat plausible, but I doubt they would remain Orthodox for very long. As the Middle Ages progress, Sweden's economic and cultural exchange will inevitably be with Germany more than Russia. This will produce a strong movement to embrace the Latin rite, which the kings of Sweden would see little reason to refuse. Ditto for Norway.

What if Scandinavia (the cultural region, but I could also just be the peninsula and the nordic islands) had, instead of Roman Catholicism, converted to Eastern Orthodoxy?
Weaker catholicism and stronger orthodoxy.. short muslim conquering the Italian peninsula and splitting catholicism..is hard to pull

Sweden may be somewhat plausible, but I doubt they would remain Orthodox for very long. As the Middle Ages progress, Sweden's economic and cultural exchange will inevitably be with Germany more than Russia. This will produce a strong movement to embrace the Latin rite, which the kings of Sweden would see little reason to refuse. Ditto for Norway.
I think rather than switching to Latin rite Sweden would have its own rite and if Sweden is switching to Rome one day Swedish Church would resemble Eastern Catholic ones.

I think rather than switching to Latin rite Sweden would have its own rite and if Sweden is switching to Rome one day Swedish Church would resemble Eastern Catholic ones.
Good point. I guess I should have said "communion with Rome" instead. What would be interesting would be if Sweden had a faction of "Old Believers" similar to Russia.

Good point. I guess I should have said "communion with Rome" instead. What would be interesting would be if Sweden had a faction of "Old Believers" similar to Russia.
I wonder if said Swedish Old Believers would eventually settle en masse in America (assuming it isn't butterflied).