WI Novgorod unites Russia?

A more northern centered Russia? Russia with an even greater focus on the Baltic, and on the Scandinavian peninsula.

Russia being a republic is likely to have all kinds of interesting effects down the line. As I recall, Novgorod also had much stronger ties with Western and Central Europe than Russia did; odds are, we would end up with a much more Europeanized Russia; Novgorod-Russia would probably never need someone like Peter the Great to build ties to Europe.

Yeah, it would be less isolated and backwards, but also less expansive and generally weaker. Without strong despotic rulers, such Russia would be probably limited to northern Rus` region much longer, having a hard time/no big interest in fighting Lithuania, Poland or Tatar Khanates, and never achieving great power status. It would rather concentrate on Baltic region (Livonia, Estonia, Finland), in conflict with Denmark, Sweden, and/or Livonian/Teutonic Order.

Hmmm, possibly the Golden Horde, Crimean Khanate and Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth survive for longer then?

Polish-Lithunian Commonwealth might not be created at all, as Lithuanian nobles wouldn`t have to worry about aggressive Muscovy in such scenario.

Steppe Tatars would probably fall to someone in 18th/19th century, due to technological/demographic changes, but perhaps Kazan (which was partially urbanized) could survive.

Wait why is it that so many people went to this thread then to the one I made a few months ago?

Never mind
I think that if Novgorod does unify Russia it might become like britain or the dutch even and if so they might play out commercial wars in whitch they happen to expand more into europe or asia.