WI no religion

NapoleonXIV

Banned
WI there was no religion?

By religion I mean:
1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

I'm talking never has been or will be. For whatever reason (maybe brain wiring), when asked why something we don't understand happens, exists etc. the answer "god (or Apollo) did it' has just never come up, and never does.

NapoleonXIV said:
WI there was no religion?

By religion I mean:
1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

I'm talking never has been or will be. For whatever reason (maybe brain wiring), when asked why something we don't understand happens, exists etc. the answer "god (or Apollo) did it' has just never come up, and never does.

A civilization of Marquis de Sades, perhaps? Whatever the case, i think you would probably have to eliminate much of people's ability to imagine, or their curiosity. W/O those traits, our ancestors might have had a tougher time with figuring out tools and maybe even fire (fire for warmth might be figured out fairly easily, fire for cooking might not be so easy).

NapoleonXIV

Banned
DominusNovus said:
A civilization of Marquis de Sades, perhaps? Whatever the case, i think you would probably have to eliminate much of people's ability to imagine, or their curiosity. W/O those traits, our ancestors might have had a tougher time with figuring out tools and maybe even fire (fire for warmth might be figured out fairly easily, fire for cooking might not be so easy).

I apologise for being misleading. I don't mean our capacity to imagine the existence of a god or gods but simply the ability to believe in them as real.

You might as just as well eliminate the concept of "Laws of Physics" or General Relativity in many instances. I think the idea of religion is very much an natural occurance, if your suggesting that something is different with our brains to begin with you might as well be saying we're no smarter than sponges.

Toss out evolution while your at it.

How do you know the Gods don't exist?