WI: No King Philip's War?

To clear things up, I am referring to the attempt by Metacom, sachem of the Wampanoag, to defeat the Puritan colonists in Massachusetts Bay. Despite the fact that the Wampanoag and other associated tribes took grevious losses from European diseases, and were even further disoriented by the colony, they managed to cause hell for the relatively young colony, decimating their population and destroyed 12 of the regions towns. What if the war had been averted, or came with a very quick victory by the colonists, if Metacom doesn't become sachem, or he is really unlucky and convinces less tribes to fight for him, or if the colonists had managed to confiscate Wampanoag guns? How would this affect the New England colonies? How would this affect the development of a seperate identity from Britain?

The current population of Bahama would be different.
It would depend upon whether the war had been avoided. The underlying tensions would still be there. The English were breeding like bunnies and continually encroaching on the Native lands. An early victory might lead to a partition of Massachusetts.

Ultimately I don't think the overall trajectory would have changed much. You'd still presumably have things like the Powhatan Wars to considerably worsen settler-tribal relations, and a separate American identity would still be born through 100+ years of living on a separate continent far from England.

I suppose if you really wanted to get creative with the scenario than it might have some ramifications for the Salem epoch, if the settlers somehow manage to keep the peace and there isn't as much worry about Indian raids/a slightly less independent streak among settlers. I suppose in that case you could plausibly handwave away some of the severity of the moral panic, though there were other similar panics across the colonies so then again maybe some other town would become the center of B-rated horror movies XD