WI: No 1990s Comics Crash?

So as some of us now, the 1990s would see the comic book industry get kneecapped by the speculation market among other factors that I admittingly am not entirely sure of. Of course, given how prolific comic books and its related iterations in webcomics, graphic novels and so on have become over the past couple of decades, I guess this brings up the question of what would happen if the 1990s comics crash didn't happen?

Say the speculation rush just doesn't occur though I believe other factors need to be addressed for this. But how would the comic book industry look like? What would be the same and what would be different?

I know alot of projects did end up getting axed or short-lived because of the crash. I imagine at least some of these would do better and even thrive.

marathag

Banned
Anything else you think? What do you think would've happen without the crash?
Stick with the 'realism' that had been drifting into the majority of Iron Age Comics, but curtail that many drifted way too far into cynicism.
Next would be my favorite, let characters get old, and die.
And then stay dead.
Then avoid the reboots and retooling of timelines.

Stick with the 'realism' that had been drifting into the majority of Iron Age Comics, but curtail that many drifted way too far into cynicism.
And then stay dead.
Ie stick to the guns of the mid 80's plotline so the crisis of infinite earths and clone saga means something

And then stay dead.

Ie stick to the guns of the mid 80's plotline so the crisis of infinite earths and clone saga means something

Y’all think without the comics crash they would be willing to kill off more characters? Not sure if I find that plausible.

Garrison

Donor
So as some of us now, the 1990s would see the comic book industry get kneecapped by the speculation market among other factors that I admittingly am not entirely sure of. Of course, given how prolific comic books and its related iterations in webcomics, graphic novels and so on have become over the past couple of decades, I guess this brings up the question of what would happen if the 1990s comics crash didn't happen?

Say the speculation rush just doesn't occur though I believe other factors need to be addressed for this. But how would the comic book industry look like? What would be the same and what would be different?

I know alot of projects did end up getting axed or short-lived because of the crash. I imagine at least some of these would do better and even thrive.
Well you've killed the MCU, no crash probably means Marvel don't sell off their big name characters and you get some strictly average Marvel superhero movies at the tail end of the 90's.

I think some sort of crash was likely if for no other reason than manga becoming more popular and well known.

I think that movies not being the main focus of the company's would help immensely considering how comics are mostly just IP farms now a days.