WI Nintendo is never founded?

What if Fusajiro Yamauchi never decides to found Nintendo in 1889? With this major company not existing, what are the effects on other companies and Video Games?

Last edited:
What if Fusajiro Yamauchi never decides to found Nintendo in 1889? With this major company not existing, what are the effects are other companies and Video Games?

Sonic becomes the icon of Video Games, with Mario and Donkey Kong never exsisting,

Motion Controls or Handhelds don't become popular with no Wii and Gameboy

No Pokemon, no Wii, no Gamecube, no popular video games that we know. For all we know, Playstation series could be the dominant video game system.

No Pokemon, no Wii, no Gamecube, no popular video games that we know. For all we know, Playstation series could be the dominant video game system.
To bad the Playstation was devloped to be the Nintendo cd player. So no Nintendo no Playstation.

Butterflies, my friend. Sonic would never exist without Nintendo platformers as a basic model.

Didn't think about the butterflies. sorry

then Pacman is video game icon, and Video Games aren't as big and fancy as they are today, without Nintendo, 360, PSx 2 and 3, and all are butterflied away.

Atari is Video Game King

ignoring Video games for a moment...

sense Nintendo originally manufactured Hanafuda and other Playing Cards, I suppose it's reasonable to assume another Family owned business might pick up the slack, and grow in Popularity.
the company would probably be plagued by the same trouble that Nintendo ran into, a saturated Market.

this company could eventually try to expand; Nintendo also tried to make toys, vacuum cleaners, Instant Rice, a love Hotel Chain, and other things.

turning the other Way to video games, the Technology would Presumably still be around, so they will still be around.

No Mario means No Sonic, sense he was made in an effort to rival Mario.

Nintendo's first commercial forays outside of Japan were Popeye, Donkey Kong, Rotoscope, and various early Game and Watch titles. Without Nintendo, either Bally-Midway, Williams, Atari, or maybe Stern or Namco grab the Popeye mascot license instead. Universal vs. Nintendo doesn't happen and possibly major movie studios keep a tighter control over properties. Kangaroo isn't licensed from Sunsoft by Atari, and possibly Sega or NEC spearheads the Video Game Revival of the late '80s, but the Tramiels will still have egg on their respective faces.

Super Mario Brothers wasn't the first attempt at a side scrolling platformer. Efforts before that game included Konami's Shaolin Road, Irem/Data East's Kung Fu Master, Capcom's Ghosts and Goblins, and especially Namco's Pac-Land.

No Mario means no Sonic or Alex Kidd, but Sega will still have probably jointly developed Wonder Boy/Adventure Island with Hudson, before being jointly sued by Walt Disney and the Osmond Street Hospital, the way the legal estate of Edgar Rice Burroughs sued Taito and Irem over Jungle Hunt and Moon Patrol, respectively.

Even if Nintendo was never founded, the gaming industry will still thrive in the PC at the very least. I think console games will also develop technologies similar to OTL eventually, with only the names and drama behind the war altered a bit. I don't have too much knowledge regarding the history though, so not much I can comment.