WI: Nintendo Enters PC Gaming in 1990?

Well, there SMB3 and that Will be huge, there nintendo own backlog(Zelda, Metroid,etc) later on...staged PC releases?( Even OTL Sega release PC games too?) Might nintendo looks for PC makers( 3Dfx, Nvidia, Ati/AMD) for SNES sucessor.

How is PC world without Doom too?

Well, there SMB3 and that Will be huge, there nintendo own backlog(Zelda, Metroid,etc) later on...staged PC releases?( Even OTL Sega release PC games too?) Might nintendo looks for PC makers( 3Dfx, Nvidia, Ati/AMD) for SNES sucessor.

How is PC world without Doom too?
Let me guess: PC Gaming would be limited even if Nintendo did join the PC Gaming. so SEGA Would probably release their games on PC Gaming later?

Let me guess: PC Gaming would be limited even if Nintendo did join the PC Gaming. so SEGA Would probably release their games on PC Gaming later?
PC gaming for me was always a world appart but this butterfly changes everything, when people would double dip for Mario not problem, long term is massive. No wolfstein, no Doom and delayed to much different FPS revolution, as Say before not would be weird if Sega launch their own PC games year early OTL.

There other butterflies, in Japan PC gaming was fragmented, collapse and become visual novel and strategy games dominated, now some gaijins with nintendo bring Mario to IBM clones PC...that Will be something for Japan own PC gaming too

marathag

Banned
PC gaming for me was always a world appart but this butterfly changes everything, when people would double dip for Mario not problem, long term is massive. No wolfstein, no Doom and delayed to much different FPS revolution, as Say before not would be weird if Sega launch their own PC games year early OTL.

Not seeing this knocking out Id Software, as they wanted to do more than just Side Scrollers, as shown by Wolfenstein.

A deal with Nintendo just gives them more $$$ to do their simulated 3D FPS at Id, and now seen as a 'real' company, may not popularize the shareware method of distribution that Apogee first popularized

Not seeing this knocking out Id Software, as they wanted to do more than just Side Scrollers, as shown by Wolfenstein.

A deal with Nintendo just gives them more $$$ to do their simulated 3D FPS at Id, and now seen as a 'real' company, may not popularize the shareware method of distribution that Apogee first popularized
Still nintendo would employ them as a western HAL? OTL SNES got wolfstein So porting it to SNES is pausable and yeah after getting used to nintendo distribution channels, shareware is too easy.

Here's an interesting wrinkle that's probably a terrible idea, but what if Nintendo's games are Mac only, as a platform approach, given the Macs closed architecture? If you get some really popular titles over to the Mac, do you get a divergence in the gaming market?

They did have a collaboration with Hudson at one point to port some of Nintendo's games on PC around the mid 80's. however, It was only in japan and there were only a few games released.

Here's an interesting wrinkle that's probably a terrible idea, but what if Nintendo's games are Mac only, as a platform approach, given the Macs closed architecture? If you get some really popular titles over to the Mac, do you get a divergence in the gaming market?
Well id was working with IBM PC standard but mac port are possible.
They did have a collaboration with Hudson at one point to port some of Nintendo's games on PC around the mid 80's. however, It was only in japan and there were only a few games released.
i remember those one...i think that was why nintendo might have declined as those game barely matter.

marathag

Banned
Macs were too expensive for deep market penetration vs the PC.
Not even the cheaper(and Better) Amigas and Atari STs succeeded against the PC, and they were with far better in graphics and sound. early/mid '90s Macs wouldn't have a chance. Nintendo ported games to the Mac wouldn't be a killer app. Quadras were just too expensive, around $5000