http://johngittings.tripod.com/id31.html

I know there's already a thread about this but not about the effects of it in the long run; basically the premise is that Mao and his buddies get to visit Washington (or rather a representative of his group) to gain PR points from the USA and the West.

While the page does touch on the short term effects but not of the long term ones, like what would happen to the geopolitics of Asia and of the Cold War? Would the cold war get more about fighting Sovietism and less about communism in general?

If the Great Helmsman had any sense, he would have accepted The KMT offer of a coalition.
No need to resume the civil war, Us aide would pour into a unified china with Chang and mao working together.
If we are insisting on earlier support for PRC as it is now, Chou en Lai would have to be dispatched.
He was the scholarly, reasonable face of the reigme

It would have been interesting if this could have been done when Lyndon Johnson was president.

Maybe, but it'd be an interesting TL to do; ComChina getting friendly with the West a lot earlier than the 70's would have a lot of butterflies around, especially during the Cold War.
Also a greater Communist presence in the NAM could help pave the way for a more realpolitik and less ideologically inlclined Cold War.

Also a greater Communist presence in the NAM could help pave the way for a more realpolitik and less ideologically inlclined Cold War.
Indeed, that's what a thread I made earlier about a less ideological cold war was asking for; and funny thing too, that I have a copy of China: 1945 where it details how the Maoists turned hostile toward the US.

Loghain

Banned
If the Great Helmsman had any sense, he would have accepted The KMT offer of a coalition.
No need to resume the civil war, Us aide would pour into a unified china with Chang and mao working together.
If we are insisting on earlier support for PRC as it is now, Chou en Lai would have to be dispatched.
He was the scholarly, reasonable face of the reigme

you Know now you got Me interested How would Triumvirate of China between Mao Chiang and someone else (since you need triumvirate to balance each other) work ?

you Know now you got Me interested How would Triumvirate of China between Mao Chiang and someone else (since you need triumvirate to balance each other) work ?
My guess for the third person to be part of this triumvirate has to be one that neither represents the Nationalists nor the communists; perhaps from this party then.

The young China party was given patronage by china and a seat on the Grand Council of justice, there leader was a man called Ching wa chav