WI: More TV series from Roland Emmerich Films?

That is spun off from the films where he has the director and co-writer credits (according to Wikipedia, and the IMDB)

Stargate has already got SG1 and Atlantis spun off from it.

So What if there was a spin off TV series for:

Independence Day?

Godzilla?

The Day After Tomorrow?

And as an extra challenge, be as good as (not necessarily as popular as, as that may be ASB) Stargate SG1 in its early seasons, in their early seasons.

If you want to speculate on the other films he has some sort of credit for, go ahead there as well.

Grey Wolf

Donor
Independence Day would end up a bit like the TV series of V I would think, with the aliens having to come in a second fleet to start all over again

Godzilla could be popular with teens

I thought 'The Day After Tomorrow' was utter crap, and the best comparison for a TV series could be a poormans Planet of The Apes rip-off

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

There actually was an animated "Godzilla" series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla:_The_Series

An ID-4 series might be interesting--the humans are rebuilding the world, reverse-engineering the alien technology, and hunting for alien survivors. The aliens' space-drive gets successfully reversed and the humans send out explorers, establish settlements in space, etc.

It could actually mutate into something resembling "Stargate" if the aliens' drive is FTL--the humans could visit other solar systems, finding the devastated worlds the aliens left behind, races that might have successfully fought the aliens off (and might be really xenophobic or try to murder the "friendly alien" member of the team), or other interesting things.

"The Day After Tomorrow," ham-handed politics and scientific inaccuracies aside, could spawn an interesting TV series. You might have wars between the Northern Hemisphere nations that evacuated into Mexico and Africa and their hosts, expeditions into the glaciated zone to retrieve technology, perhaps even (years later) some kind of barbarian horde(s) from the more habitable regions of the glaciated zone annoyed at the people who essentially abandoned them to freeze to death.

"The Day After Tomorrow," ham-handed politics and scientific inaccuracies aside, could spawn an interesting TV series. You might have wars between the Northern Hemisphere nations that evacuated into Mexico and Africa and their hosts, expeditions into the glaciated zone to retrieve technology, perhaps even (years later) some kind of barbarian horde(s) from the more habitable regions of the glaciated zone annoyed at the people who essentially abandoned them to freeze to death.

From what i understand those of us living in the northen hemisphere were mostly dead from cold in the movie.

Damn it I wanted to be the first one to mention Godzilla the serie :D (the only thing that serie lacked was a story arc IMO)

From what i understand those of us living in the northen hemisphere were mostly dead from cold in the movie.

The people from the Northern Hemisphere evacuated into Mexico and elsewhere, although people from the northern region were unable to be evacuated in time and froze to death (those people in the research station in Scotland). There's a scene showing hordes of American refugees storming the Mexican border.

I'm thinking the barbarians would be from the fringes of the ice sheet, not frozen-over areas like New York.

Vikings from Virginia?

Merry, they wouldn't be other solar systems, they would be other star systems. Sol, thus the System of Sol, or the Solar System.

Okay, fine.

Using reverse-engineered alien drives, Jeff Goldblum and others go visiting other STAR SYSTEMS. :)

For some reason I keep picturing Jeff Goldblum character becoming something akin to a motivational speaker who teach people how to use the same kind of reasoning he used to defeat the alien in order to solve everyday life problem :D

In some movies, Godzilla was helping humanity by fighting other monsters. What if those other monsters were sent by evil alien conquerors, humans learn to communicate with Godzilla, who helps humans battle the aliens and their monsters? Maybe humans figure out how to produce a girlfriend for Godzilla...:D

Independence Day would end up a bit like the TV series of V I would think, with the aliens having to come in a second fleet to start all over again

That would be an interesting series!

Godzilla could be popular with teens

A Live action Godzilla series would be good.

I thought 'The Day After Tomorrow' was utter crap, and the best comparison for a TV series could be a poormans Planet of The Apes rip-off

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

I thought that movie was good, there is potential for a good series there IMO.

The people from the Northern Hemisphere evacuated into Mexico and elsewhere, although people from the northern region were unable to be evacuated in time and froze to death (those people in the research station in Scotland). There's a scene showing hordes of American refugees storming the Mexican border.

I'm thinking the barbarians would be from the fringes of the ice sheet, not frozen-over areas like New York.

Vikings from Virginia?

I was thinking of EUROPE:) There was a massive storm there to.

Thats what inspired me to do my alt icestory, unfortunally i burned myself out on such stories after making the alt poltavastory a few years back

There actually was an animated "Godzilla" series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla:_The_Series

That sounds quite interesting, I might have seen an episode or 2.

An ID-4 series might be interesting--the humans are rebuilding the world, reverse-engineering the alien technology, and hunting for alien survivors. The aliens' space-drive gets successfully reversed and the humans send out explorers, establish settlements in space, etc.

It could actually mutate into something resembling "Stargate" if the aliens' drive is FTL--the humans could visit other solar systems, finding the devastated worlds the aliens left behind, races that might have successfully fought the aliens off (and might be really xenophobic or try to murder the "friendly alien" member of the team), or other interesting things.

If it was done like that, it could be quite promising, maybe they could find other victims of the invaders and help them, and also warn others about impending invasions.

This would be interesting too.

That was in North America, the movie didn't really address what happened in Europe (except northern Scotland) or Asia...

Did you see the maps of the superstorms? One was over Europe.

And when the storm ended the whole continent was white

Vikings from Virginia?

The idea of barbarians from the fringes of the ice sheet (including Virginian Vikings) is a good idea.