WI: More Series Of Blackadder

As much as I love Black Adder, I think a Brexit comedy would be more fitting for a new season of Yes, Prime Minister.

Each outing Blackadder is less well off. He starts a Prince and eventually ends up a lowly infantry officer.

I noted that as well, but always thought in Fourth, his standing wasn't that bad. In Third, he's Butler to the Prince sure, but still just a butler. In Fourth, he's an infantry Captain with an ear (even if it is a tin ear) to a General.
Admittedly, being in the trenches isn't great, but you're not going to have much fun in 1917 whatever position you're in.

Coulsdon Eagle

Monthly Donor
A Blackadder set in a university department could be amazing, having worked at a uni for some time there are a LOT of potential storylines involving intrigue, cunning but doomed plans and general mayhem.

Blackadder could be a department head who is trying to avoid having his department shut down by the dean

Did you ever catch "A Very Peculiar Practice"?

What about the Victorian era picking up where Blackadders Christmas carol left off.
Have blackadder as a factory owner attempting to make his fortune (but never quite succeeding).

Hugh Laurie could be the kind hearted but very dim-witted upper class type who's father invested in Blackadders business and left the shares to George in his will meaning that much to his irritation Blackadder has to be nice to him and is occasionally humiliated by having to share half of the profits with him. This would however also allow for Blackadder to use him as a cash cow for various things.

Bring back Steven fry as a slightly meaner version of Melchet who could either be some sort of government minister or principle shareholder or possibly even a dim-witted but mean spirited Lord Cardigan like senior army officer. Essentially a slightly crueler version of his Blackadder goes forth counterpart but equally oblivious to the suffering and unnecessary loss of life he causes to the men he commands.
Whatever his role he must be of much higher station in life than Blackadder.
Bring back Darling to be Melchet's aide and blackadders bitter rival.

Baldrick would maintain his role Blackadders dogsbody and maintain all of his traits and cunning plans.

Have a succession of poor and or crippled orphans comprising the workforce to whoms suffering (and extraordinarily high mortality rate) the main characters are completely oblivious too with the exception of Blackadder and Darling who are merely indifferent with occasional sadistic moments.

At some point have an episode with Bob in which Blackadder has an affair with her which is strongly hinted to result in offspring that becomes Captain Blackadder of the third series.

Episodes could deal with things such as the industrial revolution, Jack the ripper (accidentally killed by Baldrick), annoying do gooders, the various screw ups of the crimean war, Blackadders disgust and hatred for the poor of London that comprise his workforce, ect.

Finally bring back Brian Blessed as Queen Victoria because why not?

The ending of Blackadder Goes Fourth is probably the most perfect couple of minutes of TV ever made. As much as I love the series it's one of those shows that ended perfectly and should be left how it is.

We watched Blackadder in our tutor periods in year 10. I remember when this scene came on and how deathly silent a class of 15 year olds were. Haunted me for the rest of the day that episode did.

The early 80's having lost the family fortune due to investing in the Ruttles reunion tour and Dogs the musical the current Blackadder & his accountant Baldrick are forced to flee their creditors to horrors of horrors the lost colonies of America. Baldrick however has a cunning plan to rebuild their fortunes by touring the worlds largest turnip to county fairs they of course must first smuggle it out of Argentine starting the Falklands war in the process. Then a couple of Edmunds old Cambridge chums from Columbia come up with an even better get rich plan. It the 80's, there is snow in Miami, it's time to hit the powder and say hello to a little friend.
Mr-Bean-as-Scarface--90855.jpg

Blackadder as the drug kingpin has potential, I envisioned him for this era as ammoral stock broker yuppie, but that's cutting to close Alan B'Stard.

The other idea I had was Edmund working in MI6 after WWII, having intense professional and personal rivalry with Kim Philby, both trying to frame each other of being a Soviet spy.

Blackadder in the Battle of Britain. Percy keeps accidentally shooting Blackadder down and at the end of the series it is revealed Baldric forgot to count how many German aircraft he shot down and it turns out to be a 103