WI Mary of Hungary had a daughter?

What it says on the tin. If Mary had a daughter with Louis II Hungary who survived infancy what would happen? The daughter would have a stronger claim than Anna Jagellonica. Would Ferdinand I marry his niece? If not who would Charles V marry her to?

Was Ferdinand not already married to Anna by now? Maybe the daughter (let's call her Anna Maria after her grandmother and mother) is betrothed to a son of Ferdinand and Anna?

The best thing would be for Ferdinand and Anna's son and heir to marry his cousin. It strengthens the Hapsburg family claim to Hungary and Bohemia and might butterfly away the bullshit that happened after 1526.

The best thing would be for Ferdinand and Anna's son and heir to marry his cousin. It strengthens the Hapsburg family claim to Hungary and Bohemia and might butterfly away the bullshit that happened after 1526.
Agreed IIRC Ferdinand's son Maximilian was born in 1527 so he's the perfect age for Anna Maria of Hungary

I believe who Maximilian will still marry Maria of Spain, not Anna Maria of Hungary here. She would do nothing for reinforce Ferdinand or Maximilian’s rights of Hungary. She would most likely end in Poland as wife of Sigismund II in place of Elizabeth (again not dangerous match for the Habsburg as Anna’s claim is good as the one of her niece and Ferdinand is already King of Bohemia and Hungary).

OTL Mary of Hungary was pretty reluctant to do any of the things her brothers pressured her into, and if I’m remembering correctly she basically got stuck in the Netherlands because her aunt died and no one else could do the job. I’ve also heard people speculate a part of the reason why she never remarried was that she thought she was infertile (I do doubt that, but she turned down at least two marriages OTL) so maybe with the knowledge she’s not, she agrees to remarry here? Or at least that she remains in Hungary, maybe even doing so to demand it as her daughter’s inheritance? I do like the idea of a Hapsburg split around this time, maybe with Charles on her side, as he did seem much more comfortable with splitting up the inheritance than Ferdinand was. Anna Maria marrying a non-Hapsburg would also clear up the gene pool a little bit too. Although this is pretty early in that issue.

I’ve also heard people speculate a part of the reason why she never remarried was that she thought she was infertile (I do doubt that, but she turned down at least two marriages OTL) so maybe with the knowledge she’s not, she agrees to remarry here?
The other theory is that it was a Konstantin Pavlovich-Anna Feodorovna type marriage, and Marie had no desire to go through that again. Not to mention, how would she know she's infertile? Amalie of Oldenburg had Mullerian agnesis and yet no one thought she wouldn't have children (in the 19th century); Maria Teresa d'Este, comtesse de Chambord, likewise couldn't have had kids, and I don't see Madame Royal picking her if that fact had been known (it's only with medical developments that we now know she was).

And if it was known that Marie was infertile those two marriage offers (François I and James V?) wouldn't have been made. It strikes me as a retroactive attempt to explain why Karl V didn't just force her to marry (after all, he did it with Eleonore-François and Kristina-Sforza).
if I’m remembering correctly she basically got stuck in the Netherlands because her aunt died and no one else could do the job
She left for the Netherlands because she knew Margarethe would back her choice to not remarry. After all, Marge herself had done it. And if there was one person whose "authority" Karl respected, it was Margarethe's.

Or at least that she remains in Hungary, maybe even doing so to demand it as her daughter’s inheritance?
She remains in Hungary, @Jan Olbracht and @Zygmunt Stary can correct me, but she'd wind up married to Zapolya (in all likelihood) and her daughter was heiress to absolutely nothing due to the fact that Hungary was elective. And the magnates wouldn't elect a princess who's just going to put them into personal union with PLC (the Hungarians weren't crazy about that union last time around) or the HRE.

An interesting POD woudl be Marie staying in Hungary, marrying Janos Zapolya but having no kids. Zapolya still makes his deal of OTL with François I and promises to install one of François' sons as heir to Hungary. Marie's daughter winds up married to Charles d'Angoulême. Voila, Valois Hungary.

Yes, I know it's borderline ASB, but it would be fun to see the sheer chaos.

I do like the idea of a Hapsburg split around this time, maybe with Charles on her side, as he did seem much more comfortable with splitting up the inheritance than Ferdinand was
Uh...when was Ferdinand not okay with splitting the inheritance? The only bone of contention, IIRC, was that Karl V wanted Ferdinand I to promise that Felipe II of Spain was successor as Holy Roman Emperor. Ferdinand refused to do it, he even made it that Felipe's position inside the empire was weaker by not installing Felipe as "imperial vicar in Italy" (the right of the duke of Milan) and giving that title instead to the duke of Savoy (it's what caused the Savoys to claim "pre-eminence" over the other Italian houses later).

She remains in Hungary, @Jan Olbracht and @Zygmunt Stary can correct me, but she'd wind up married to Zapolya (in all likelihood) and her daughter was heiress to absolutely nothing due to the fact that Hungary was elective. And the magnates wouldn't elect a princess who's just going to put them into personal union with PLC (the Hungarians weren't crazy about that union last time around) or the HRE.

An interesting POD woudl be Marie staying in Hungary, marrying Janos Zapolya but having no kids. Zapolya still makes his deal of OTL with François I and promises to install one of François' sons as heir to Hungary. Marie's daughter winds up married to Charles d'Angoulême. Voila, Valois Hungary.

Yes, I know it's borderline ASB, but it would be fun to see the sheer chaos.

Well, yes and no. She won't be heiress to any throne - but Anna (wife of Ferdinand) won't be either and people who supported Ferdinand will quit their support as soon as Louis's daughter is born as they did it out of loyalty to Anna Jagellonica. Marrying the princess to Zapolya would peacefully resolve conflict for Hungarian throne and would allow Hungary to come out united after Louis II's death, if Zapolya is still pro-Turkish, he'd fight Habsburgs for Bohemia.