WI: Martin Luther becomes a lawyer

During his time at the University of Erfurt, Martin Luther was initially a law student, but switched to studying theology and philosophy. What if he continued studying law and became a lawyer instead of a friar?

During his time at the University of Erfurt, Martin Luther was initially a law student, but switched to studying theology and philosophy. What if he continued studying law and became a lawyer instead of a friar?
He sues the pope for corruption and the reformation still happens. Seriously though, a Reformation could have turned out into a second Church split like the Avignon dispute if the Hapsburgs support the reformists as a counterweight to Papal influence.

A new person can cause the Reformation but it could be different the corruption of the Catholic cruch was being denounced as early as Dante
The thing that might. Change is that we can see an actual Reformation rather than the in other words revolution of the protestans

A new person can cause the Reformation but it could be different the corruption of the Catholic cruch was being denounced as early as Dante
The thing that might. Change is that we can see an actual Reformation rather than the in other words revolution of the protestans

It'll probably be Zwingli in the Swiss Confederacy

BigBlueBox

Banned
I feel that the Bourbons and Tudors would be more likely to challenge the Church than the Habsburgs, due to the Gallican and anti-ultamontanist sentiment in France and Henry VIII's marital troubles. Due to the decentralized nature of the HRE, wouldn't Habsburgs trying to challenge the church lead to the Pope inciting the other HRE states to attack the Habsburgs like they did to Henry IV?

I feel that the Bourbons and Tudors would be more likely to challenge the Church than the Habsburgs, due to the Gallican and anti-ultamontanist sentiment in France and Henry VIII's marital troubles. Due to the decentralized nature of the HRE, wouldn't Habsburgs trying to challenge the church lead to the Pope inciting the other HRE states to attack the Habsburgs like they did to Henry IV?

I think you mean the Valois, as the Bourbons only came to power in 1589 and that was quite unexpected (Henri II had an extremely productive marriage, yet the Valois male line was extinct 30 years after him).