WI: Lucien Bouchard died in 1994?

In 1994, Bloc Quebecois leader Lucien Bouchard contracted necrotising fasciitis and had to have his leg amputated. He survived and went on to almost lead the Yes side in the Quebec independence referendum of 1995 to victory.

Now, what if something had tragically gone wrong and Bouchard had died? What effects would this have on Canadian politics and the Quebec referendum in particular?

A 1994 death precedes the entire campaign. So...

-I think Bouchard was more interested in sovereignty-association than outright independence, and worked to include that perspective in the referendum. With him absent, Parizeau has less effective opposition to a more direct in-or-out question. Does he compromise anyway, or does he muddle on with less support from lukewarm allies?

-While Bouchard's memory might be invoked on the campaign trail, the most effective voice favoring a change in relations with Canada is nonetheless silent. It seems to me like a net loss for the pro-sovereignty side.

-Either way, my gut feeling is that the "No" (to sovereignty) side wins by a larger margin.