WI: Lenin has son?

What if Lenin would get son with his wife sometimes on early years of 1900's? How this would change Lenin's life? What would happen for the son after Lenin's death? Could he get some political career? If Stalin still rises on power, what he would do with him?

Yun-shuno

Banned
I think it might effect his career as a professional revolutionary. Or maybe not. Depends on when his son is born and how old he is by the time Lenin dies.

I think it might effect his career as a professional revolutionary. Or maybe not. Depends on when his son is born and how old he is by the time Lenin dies.

I assumed on OP that he would born on early 1900's so on between 1900 - 1905. So he would be 19 - 24 on 1924.

What if Lenin would get son with his wife sometimes on early years of 1900's? How this would change Lenin's life? What would happen for the son after Lenin's death? Could he get some political career? If Stalin still rises on power, what he would do with him?
Krupskaya could not have children, and they are very worried about it. But if it were from them and was, to a child, and they retained a political career, I do not envy the kid. Still, in such circumstances, in which Lenin himself put it is difficult to pay attention to the child. And hardly it is more-would have changed, the power is transmitted not ponasledstvu, Krupskaya was alive, but it did not stop Stalin (though here the lesser of two evils - she supported careerist Zinoviev). By the way - Stalin abused her when Lenin was still alive.

Yun-shuno

Banned
Maybe then a Lenin dynasty. Heck would be interesting if Trotsky's kids played a similar role. Maybe somebody should do a TL where a lot of the iconic Bolsheviks kids take power or at least have political influence.

Certainly would have an effect on soviet society and history.

Maybe then a Lenin dynasty. Heck would be interesting if Trotsky's kids played a similar role. Maybe somebody should do a TL where a lot of the iconic Bolsheviks kids take power or at least have political influence.

Certainly would have an effect on soviet society and history.
You have to understand that Lenin himself would never have approved of this, and none of his entourage.

Yun-shuno

Banned
Still, the children of Stalin and Khrushchev did not occupy high positions. A daughter of Brezhnev became famous with the help of scandals.
Well that was a later era. Anyway I think it depends on how the revolutionary tide of 1918-1921 goes.

Well that was a later era. Anyway I think it depends on how the revolutionary tide of 1918-1921 goes.
The probability is even smaller. Knowing Lenin can say is that he refuses to use his position to promote his son's career (say Bring all himself). And others will not care whose son he is.

As others said , Lenin having a son would have no impact at all, well due to him just being Lenins son anyway. If he turned out to have a genius for say engineering , then being Lenins son might cause butterflies due to his connections allowing faster implimentation or something

The rebellious teenage years would be quite a sight. "Screw you, old man! I'm startin' a business!"

If he turned out to have a genius for say engineering , then being Lenins son might cause butterflies due to his connections allowing faster implimentation or something

It'd also be interesting, if not necessarily comfortable to watch, if he turned out to have a genius for performance artistry, and we ended up with, like, the world-famous Bolshoi Mummenschanz.

toilet_mumm.jpg

Pictured: The East is Red (1960)

Or he gets purged by Stalin.

Quite possibly. The best case scenario for Lenin's offspring is that he is sent away to the provinces for an extremely minor posting, and left to rot. Second best scenario is that he spends the rest of his life under house arrest. Options get progressively worse from there. No matter how you slice it, though, Stalin will never allow him to play ANY active role in politics.

Quite possibly. The best case scenario for Lenin's offspring is that he is sent away to the provinces for an extremely minor posting, and left to rot. Second best scenario is that he spends the rest of his life under house arrest. Options get progressively worse from there. No matter how you slice it, though, Stalin will never allow him to play ANY active role in politics.

Unless he could turn him into a yes man, then I'd imagine he'd get a lot of very public appointments (with little actual power).