Wonder if there would be a difference in scenarios between William getting captured and William straight up dying
William himself was nearly killed by one of his own men, who approached him with his pistol cocked. The king was quick to alert the man of his mistake, saying: ‘What, are you angry with your friends?’ All of William’s plans could have come to nought, however, when he was almost killed by a Jacobite cannon ball on the eve of the battle. The ball struck him on the shoulder while he was out surveying the field, probably during a picnic – a foolhardy act so close to the enemy. The wound was a nasty one, but seemingly left the king unfazed. Indeed, he was quick to present himself to his troops to quell rumours of his untimely demise. This was to be the first of many close calls for William.

https://www.nam.ac.uk/explore/battle-boyne
William was luck not to be killed on more than one occasion.

Last edited:
Anyways, assuming Jacobite Ireland survives, when do you all surmise the Irish king would stop claiming to be king of England, Scotland, and Ireland? I presume that the Act of Union would probably be as fast-tracked as it can in Britain, which would definitely irk James II, who would continue to state that England, Scotland, and Ireland are all three nations with him as its rightful king and heir. But how long until the Jacobite monarchs finally stop pretending that they are king of more than just Ireland?

VVD0D95

Banned
Anyways, assuming Jacobite Ireland survives, when do you all surmise the Irish king would stop claiming to be king of England, Scotland, and Ireland? I presume that the Act of Union would probably be as fast-tracked as it can in Britain, which would definitely irk James II, who would continue to state that England, Scotland, and Ireland are all three nations with him as its rightful king and heir. But how long until the Jacobite monarchs finally stop pretending that they are king of more than just Ireland?
Never I presume.