Howard Ashman, whom many may know for his contributions to Little Shop of Horrors and Disney's The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Pocahontas, has become known for his role in AIDs awareness ever since he first confirmed that he was suffering from the condition in 1987. In 1991, he had barely escaped death from AIDs, too.

So without Howard, what would the face of musicals in both Disney form and theater be like? I know Aladdin was his idea, and that he often argued with Jeffery Katzenberg over some of the elements that the latter wanted out. I also know that he worked hard on the plot of Pocahontas to make sure it didn't end up too shabby. But what would happen to these production without Howard's input?

OOC: How long do you propose this person lived, being an AIDS patient for which no cure whatsoever was available? Can't be more than a year or 2 longer than OTL.

OOC: How long do you propose this person lived, being an AIDS patient for which no cure whatsoever was available? Can't be more than a year or 2 longer than OTL.
Hmmm... In that case, would you recommend I retitle this thread to a simpler WI about Ashman never catching AIDS in the first place?
OOC: the "s" in AIDS is capitalized. It isn't a pluralization; it stands for "syndrome".
Thanks for the heads up. I just fixed it.