Let’s say in 1455/6, Margaret of Anjou fell pregnant and gave birth to a healthy daughter (let’s call her Katherine for simplicity). How would this affect things? Obviously, a mere daughter is unlikely to deter York and friends from attempting to get rid of the King’s ‘evil councillors’ or to seize the throne. However, the Lancastrians are likely to try and use Katherine to try and make allies during the 1460s and 70s (maybe a proposal for her to marry Charles the Bold?) . Would this attempt succeed and if so who is the most likely foreign candidate for her hand? Could it make a difference in the outcome of the Readeption? Furthermore, assuming the Readeption plays out as otl, what becomes of Margaret? Would she return to England too with her mother and brother, where she’d likely be locked up in a convent following their defeat? Or would she be left behind in France/her Grandfather’s territories during the conflict? If the latter, does she try to retake her family’s throne or possibly become another pawn in Louis XI’s schemes? I could see him trying to marry her to Dauphin Charles or an alt son of his or even a French ally. Would her existence be enough to keep the Lancastrian cause alive and well in the 1470s and 80s.

If she has no brothers, it'd be likelier that she marries Edward V
Edward of Westminster is still married in this timeline, so Margaret does have brothers. Edward V is a bit too young for Margaret though. I could see the marriage happening but the age gap would be a huge issue.

Edward of Westminster is still married in this timeline, so Margaret does have brothers. Edward V is a bit too young for Margaret though. I could see the marriage happening but the age gap would be a huge issue.
Fair. Perhaps Margaret does marry abroad, then. A foreign cadet Lancastrian line could be fun - another female-line descendant could rise up in the future...

Fair. Perhaps Margaret does marry abroad, then. A foreign cadet Lancastrian line could be fun - another female-line descendant could rise up in the future...
Yeah, that’s what I think could happen if she married pre-Readeption or isn’t in England/escapes following its failure. She marries a powerful foreign ruler/vassal and her and her descendants work on reclaiming the throne.

Reverse Hundred Years War would be fun.
It’d probably happen to if Katherine of Lancaster is in France when Edward of Westminster dies at Tewkesbury. No way, Louis XI is going to let the chance of winning another Kingdom for himself and his son (+ minimising the English claim
To France because of the Treaty of Troyes).

She marries Edward IV perhaps?
If Edward IV is free and has no son, it could happen post-Readeption. Prior, I don’t think it could happen unless Westminster died young and Edward IV was free.
If he decides to annul his marriage with Elizabeth Woodville.
I doubt he’d do that. Though, maybe Katherine’s existence makes him more cautious about marrying a low ranking noblewoman and he opts for a foreign bride instead (since the Lancastrians can get a decent foreign alliance of their own now).

If Edward IV is free and has no son, it could happen post-Readeption. Prior, I don’t think it could happen unless Westminster died young and Edward IV was free.
Are you proposing that everything in the WOTR goes the same as it did in OTL ... just with a Lancastrian girl hanging around? Does she go into exile with Margaret and Edward or is she left behind because she's so young?

Are you proposing that everything in the WOTR goes the same as it did in OTL ... just with a Lancastrian girl hanging around?
Not really, I do think that some things would change with her existence (i.e. maybe Katherine is floated around as a bride for York or some powerful family to win them over/prevent war or maybe Edward IV thinks with his head and marries better since the Lancastrians could net themselves a foreign ally), but don’t know what exactly and so was speculating on what would happen if noting changed up until the Readeption.
Does she go into exile with Margaret and Edward or is she left behind because she's so young?
I’d imagine Margaret would take her daughter with her. I just can’t see her letting her own daughter fall into Yorkist hands.

Not really, I do think that some things would change with her existence (i.e. maybe Katherine is floated around as a bride for York or some powerful family to win them over/prevent war or maybe Edward IV thinks with his head and marries better since the Lancastrians could net themselves a foreign ally), but don’t know what exactly and so was speculating on what would happen if noting changed up until the Readeption.
One butterfly could be that Sir John Grey survives the battle that killed him and thus Elizabeth Woodville remains a married woman and unavailable for Edward, thus he marries Katherine instead to unite the Yorks and Lancasters. She would be of marrying age in 1467 and perhaps have the first baby around 1471-2.

One butterfly could be that Sir John Grey survives the battle that killed him and thus Elizabeth Woodville remains a married woman and unavailable for Edward, thus he marries Katherine instead to unite the Yorks and Lancasters. She would be of marrying age in 1467 and perhaps have the first baby around 1471-2.
That is possible, though it would necessitate the death of Edward of Westminster, otherwise Edward IV would just marry Bona of Savoy.

I doubt he’d do that. Though, maybe Katherine’s existence makes him more cautious about marrying a low ranking noblewoman and he opts for a foreign bride instead (since the Lancastrians can get a decent foreign alliance of their own now).
If that happened, would Edward IV marry Catharine of Bourbon (Duke Philip III of Burgundy's niece) or Bona of Savoy instead of Elizabeth Woodville?

If that happened, would Edward IV marry Catharine of Bourbon (Duke Philip III of Burgundy's niece) or Bona of Savoy instead of Elizabeth Woodville?
If you subscribe to theory he married Elizabeth to emancipate himself from Warwick he’d probably marry Catherine of Bourbon. If not, he’d likely opt for Bona of Savoy.

If you subscribe to theory he married Elizabeth to emancipate himself from Warwick he’d probably marry Catherine of Bourbon. If not, he’d likely opt for Bona of Savoy.
I read somewhere that he was supposed to marry Bona before he went like, "Hey guys, I'm married now" and as a result Bona married into Milan.