WI: George the Rich of Bavaria-Landshut's Son Survives?

I've been doing some reading up on the whole Wittelsbach mess that was Bavaria pre-1504. There were several branches of the house of Wittelsbach in Bavaria - based out of Landshut, out of Ingolstadt, Munich, and Straubing, all descending from Emperor Ludwig IV. By the late 15th century only two of these lines were still extant - namely Bavaria-Munich and Bavaria-Landshut (which had also inherited the territories of the Ingolstadt branch in 1445 from what I can make out).

Either way, there were two dukes of Bavaria at the time - Georg the Rich (who was married to a Polish princess, sister to the successive kings of Poland and to Ladislav II/VII of Hungary/Bohemia) of Landshut, and who had two surviving legitimate kids - Ludwig (b.1476) and Elisabeth (b.1478); and Albrecht (IV) the Wise (who was married to Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I's sister) of Munich.

Then calamity struck in 1500, Erbprinz Ludwig of Bavaria-Landshut died without being married and thus without issue (I can't find if there were any brides being considered for him at the time of his death, but it seems strange to think that a crown prince would be 24yo and not a single betrothal, especially when he had no surviving brothers). Of course, this resulted in a scuffle a few years later when Georg died suddenly. It seems that Georg tried to name his daughter Elisabeth (who was married to the Elector Palatine's younger son) as his heir. Naturally, Albrecht thought that the lands were to go to him and the emperor agreed, and the War of the Lanshut Succession ended with most of the Landshut inheritance going to the Bavaria-Munich branch.

So, my WI is as follows: Ludwig doesn't die of whatever killed him, and he gets married ASAP (IDK to who, as I said, I can't seem to find that he was betrothed anywhere). But what of Bavaria? Does it remain fragmented? With the possibility of being further subdivided again (both Georg the Rich and his father, Duke Ludwig IX had been their dads' only surviving sons; whereas Albrecht had four brothers who if the dates of their reigns are anything to go by, were all sort of co-rulers - Albrecht had simply survived them all)? And if Bavaria may be subdivided again and again, would the Wittelsbachs ever be a threat to the Habsburgs as it was OTL? Or could a wily emperor simply just play the two lines off against one another, maybe even pick up more of Bavaria than they did OTL?

Since I've looked everywhere I can think of, and nowhere seems to even describe Ludwig's personality, much less mention if he was ever engaged to someone, I came up with this (sort of random) idea.

Ludwig still predeceases his dad, but marries (I first thought Margarethe of Austria (daughter of Maximilian I) but I figured that Ludo was a bit of a poor man's bargain compared to the duke of Savoy or the prince de los Asturias) and has two sons (just to make it so that Albrecht IV CAN'T bulldoze his way into Landshut by dint of being the emperor's brother in law). His sister Elisabeth is marries to Elector Palatine Ludwig V (OTL she married his brother, Rupprecht BEFORE she was heiress which makes me wonder if there wasn't a problem that her dad knew Ludwig wouldn't be able to have kids or whatever). Thanks to @DracoLazarus (since I purloined this idea from their Land of Wine and Beer TL) since I've wed youngest sister Margarethe to Ulrich I of Württemberg.
We've now removed the husbands of TWO of Albrecht IV's daughters, which means that those girls will presumably marry elsewhere.
I'm still not entirely sure of just who Ludo should wed (the margrave of Baden has a couple of daughters of around the same age who became nuns OTL; but the Wettin girls are either married by the 1490s or too old; Hohenzollerns are either first cousins (Ansbach line) or too young; the only Hessian princess of the generation died young), maybe an Italian? The Wittelsbachs had links to the Visconti and the Gonzaga so him marrying someone like Bianca Maria/Anna Sforza or a daughter of Duke Ercole d'Este (or even Ercole's wife's half sister, the Dowager Queen of Naples) is not unthinkable, I guess.

Among sons of Georg death of youngest one, Wolfgang, is easiest to be butterflied (little Wolfgang was dropped by his nanny). It would be interesting if more than one son of Georg survives.

It would be interesting to see how a surviving Ludwig of Bavaria deals with the Reformation. IOTL, dukes William IV and Louis X of Bavaria were initially sympathetic with the Reformation, but turned against it as it grew.

It would be interesting to see how a surviving Ludwig of Bavaria deals with the Reformation. IOTL, dukes William IV and Louis X of Bavaria were initially sympathetic with the Reformation, but turned against it as it grew.

A treaty that the Habsburgs made with the Bavarian Wittelsbachs in the 1520s(?) might've also played a role in that. However, I do agree. The sort of family rivalry between the Münich and Landshut branches could be reason enough for one to go Protestant and the other to stay Catholic. Considering the Landshut dukes who have the nicknames of "der Reiche" does that mean Landshut was the richer of the two states?

Considering the Landshut dukes who have the nicknames of "der Reiche" does that mean Landshut was the richer of the two states?
Georg liked to splurge with his wealth, but that was for show (Wedding in Lanschut has given rise to annual festival in that town). At the same time his wife suffered hardship. Also Georg was interested mostly in heavy drinking (that killed him eventually) his financial situation surely wasn't that good.

Since I've looked everywhere I can think of, and nowhere seems to even describe Ludwig's personality, much less mention if he was ever engaged to someone, I came up with this (sort of random) idea.

Ludwig still predeceases his dad, but marries (I first thought Margarethe of Austria (daughter of Maximilian I) but I figured that Ludo was a bit of a poor man's bargain compared to the duke of Savoy or the prince de los Asturias) and has two sons (just to make it so that Albrecht IV CAN'T bulldoze his way into Landshut by dint of being the emperor's brother in law). His sister Elisabeth is marries to Elector Palatine Ludwig V (OTL she married his brother, Rupprecht BEFORE she was heiress which makes me wonder if there wasn't a problem that her dad knew Ludwig wouldn't be able to have kids or whatever). Thanks to @DracoLazarus (since I purloined this idea from their Land of Wine and Beer TL) since I've wed youngest sister Margarethe to Ulrich I of Württemberg.
We've now removed the husbands of TWO of Albrecht IV's daughters, which means that those girls will presumably marry elsewhere.
I'm still not entirely sure of just who Ludo should wed (the margrave of Baden has a couple of daughters of around the same age who became nuns OTL; but the Wettin girls are either married by the 1490s or too old; Hohenzollerns are either first cousins (Ansbach line) or too young; the only Hessian princess of the generation died young), maybe an Italian? The Wittelsbachs had links to the Visconti and the Gonzaga so him marrying someone like Bianca Maria/Anna Sforza or a daughter of Duke Ercole d'Este (or even Ercole's wife's half sister, the Dowager Queen of Naples) is not unthinkable, I guess.
Maybe a princess of Mecklenburg? Magnus II had the following daughters:
-Dorothea (1480-1537), became a nun
-Sophie (1481-1503), married John the Steadfast of Saxony in 1500
-Anna (1485-1525), married William II, Landgrave of Hesse in 1500

Maybe a princess of Mecklenburg? Magnus II had the following daughters:
-Dorothea (1480-1537), became a nun
-Sophie (1481-1503), married John the Steadfast of Saxony in 1500
-Anna (1485-1525), married William II, Landgrave of Hesse in 1500

That's actually not a bad idea. Both that married had kids, and Sophie was pretty big on the Reformation teachings IIRC, so it could turn very interesting.