WI George the IV had a son

This What if is simple what if George IV had a son instead of a daughter that lives to be king. What happens to Victoria in a timeline where she does not become the British Queen also what effects does this have on the UK and the greater commonwealth and the rest of the world?

Last edited:

VVD0D95

Banned
This What if is simple what if George IV had a son instead of a daughter that lives to be king. What happens to Victoria in a timeline where she does not become the British Queen also what effects does this have on the UK and the greater comenwelth and the rest of the world?
Victoria likelt doesn’t exist as her father only married after Charlotte died so parliament would pay off his debts

The House of Hanover and the Throne of Britain remained united - they only divided because only males can inherit Hanover, so IOTL Victoria got the English throne and her uncle, The Duke of Cumberland, got Hanover as the next living Male heir.

Wrong title. Victoria had 22 male first cousins. (Three of them were Kings.)

Paternal cousins:
George FitzClarence, 1st Earl of Munster
Lord Frederick FitzClarence
Lord Adolphus FitzClarence
Lord Augustus FitzClarence

George V of Hanover

Sir Augustus Frederick d'Este

Prince George, Duke of Cambridge

Maternal cousins:

Hugo Ferdinand von Mensdorff-Pouilly
Alphons, Count von Mensdorff-Pouilly
Alfred Carl von Mensdorff-Pouilly
Alexander von Mensdorff-Pouilly
Leopold Emanuel von Mensdorff-Pouilly
Arthur August von Mensdorff-Pouilly

Duke Alexander of Württemberg
Duke Ernest of Württemberg

Ernest II, Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (her husband)

Ferdinand II of Portugal
Prince August of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
Prince Leopold of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha

Leopold II of Belgium
Prince Philippe, Count of Flanders

Wrong title. Victoria had 22 male first cousins. (Three of them were Kings.)

Paternal cousins:
George FitzClarence, 1st Earl of Munster
Lord Frederick FitzClarence
Lord Adolphus FitzClarence
Lord Augustus FitzClarence

George V of Hanover

Sir Augustus Frederick d'Este

Prince George, Duke of Cambridge

Maternal cousins:

Hugo Ferdinand von Mensdorff-Pouilly
Alphons, Count von Mensdorff-Pouilly
Alfred Carl von Mensdorff-Pouilly
Alexander von Mensdorff-Pouilly
Leopold Emanuel von Mensdorff-Pouilly
Arthur August von Mensdorff-Pouilly

Duke Alexander of Württemberg
Duke Ernest of Württemberg

Ernest II, Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (her husband)

Ferdinand II of Portugal
Prince August of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
Prince Leopold of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha

Leopold II of Belgium
Prince Philippe, Count of Flanders

I wondered when I read title that hadn't Victoria lot of cousins. But yes, title is not really best possible. Better wouldhad been "What if George IV had a son".

But this would have big influence at least for unification of Germany. Could it evenunite ITTL?

I wondered when I read title that hadn't Victoria lot of cousins. But yes, title is not really best possible. Better wouldhad been "What if George IV had a son".

But this would have big influence at least for unification of Germany. Could it evenunite ITTL?
yeah I screwed up the title. Edited it. The Idea popped into my head as I was getting ready to leave for work so did not think of title. In my head I don't think so unless Hanover get split off to a second son or something at a later point.

So who would be this new George V best matches for a wife be? I am sure his father and grandfather would want him to merry another German Princess or maybe Belgium? But was there any suitable English or Scottish young ladies he could be married to that would shore up the feelings on the home front?

So who would be this new George V best matches for a wife be? I am sure his father and grandfather would want him to merry another German Princess or maybe Belgium?
likeliest matches
But was there any suitable English or Scottish young ladies he could be married to that would shore up the feelings on the home front?
No way in the hell. the Hannovers married EXCLUSIVELY in other ruling families NOT their subjects