A Catholic Elizabeth would find Spain her strongest ally. Why would she do that?
Because an overly-strong ally can easily become a de facto overlord. We'll probably never know how Elizabeth would have felt about Spain without the religious difference, but as the example of France shows, it's at least theoretically possible that she'd have been worried enough about Spanish power to start opposing them.

Because an overly-strong ally can easily become a de facto overlord. We'll probably never know how Elizabeth would have felt about Spain without the religious difference, but as the example of France shows, it's at least theoretically possible that she'd have been worried enough about Spanish power to start opposing them.
Fair enough. I suppose she could theoretically accept Philip's proposal ITTL, thus negating such worry

Seems more likely that would increase the chances of England falling under Spanish domination, rather than decrease them.
Philip had already a son who would be his heir (and would marry Elisabeth of Valois, most likely fathering children who would inherit Aragon, Castile and Portugal) and if don Carlos still died childless the Spanish realms and England+Netherlands would be inherited by different children of Philip and Elizabeth

Wasn't Liz's opposition to marriage the result of the way her mother, Anne of Cleves, catherine Howard were treated as well as Jane's death because of childbirth?

Philip had already a son who would be his heir (and would marry Elisabeth of Valois, most likely fathering children who would inherit Aragon, Castile and Portugal) and if don Carlos still died childless the Spanish realms and England+Netherlands would be inherited by different children of Philip and Elizabeth
Even if England doesn't get directly inherited by Spain, Philip would still be better placed to stick his nose into English affairs as King Consort than he would as just some random foreign monarch.

But Mary, as much as she loved Liz as a sister, would not legitimize her and would get parliament to void illegitimate children [because Anne Boleyn would "win" by having a child of hers as monarch, something I can't see Mary allowing]. One of Mary Tudor Brandon's offspring will inherit. Liz will either wed the English noble Mary selects and pretend to be ecstatic about him or heed a call to become a Bride of Christ.

But Mary, as much as she loved Liz as a sister, would not legitimize her and would get parliament to void illegitimate children [because Anne Boleyn would "win" by having a child of hers as monarch, something I can't see Mary allowing]. One of Mary Tudor Brandon's offspring will inherit. Liz will either wed the English noble Mary selects and pretend to be ecstatic about him or heed a call to become a Bride of Christ.
ASB, considering who Mary in OTL kept Elizabeth as heiress with all her doubts on the sincerity of Elizabeth’s conversion. And Mary Tudor Brandon’s descendants were the ones who tried to take away the Crown from her so what are you saying make ZERO sense. A Catholic Elizabeth would marry Savoy and remain Mary I’s unquestionable heiress presumptive.

ASB, considering who Mary in OTL kept Elizabeth as heiress with all her doubts on the sincerity of Elizabeth’s conversion. And Mary Tudor Brandon’s descendants were the ones who tried to take away the Crown from her so what are you saying make ZERO sense. A Catholic Elizabeth would marry Savoy and remain Mary I’s unquestionable heiress presumptive.
Realistically, Mary is going to do whatever Phillip wants, because she's besotted with him, so as long as Phillip is happy for Elizabeth to remain heiress, which I can't see him not being, then she's safe. Of course if Elizabeth died in childbirth, and the child dies with her, then things might get messy re. Mary of Scotland/the Grey sisters, but that's a whole other kettle of fish...