WI Draka were dark mirror to other countries?

I think Egypt itself has some potential for a "Draka" of its own
We know that the late hyksos Egypt was run by Baal worshippers while the native dynasty ruled the south, thats very Draka like already
Though that might be a too early POD
And considering how many times it was occupied by foreign powers it wouldnt be that hard to create a separated egyptian state
For that aside from the hyksos you have the assyrians-babylonians, persians, greeks(like you mentioned), romans and of course the arabs later on
That and the immense amount of possible alt conquerors you could have like the sea people or even the crusaders that could easily lead to a nightmarish Egypt

We know that the late hyksos Egypt was run by Baal worshippers while the native dynasty ruled the south, thats very Draka like already
And considering how many times it was occupied by foreign powers it wouldnt be that hard to create a separated egyptian state
For that aside from the hyksos you have the assyrians-babylonians, persians, greeks(like you mentioned), romans and of course the arabs later on
That and the immense amount of possible alt conquerors you could have like the sea people or even the crusaders that could easily lead to a nightmarish Egypt
If we go with an earlier POD, maybe their ASBs are literal magic rather than Sci-Fi stuff.

An army of Anubites rises to smite the enemies of Ma'at.
Oh that reminds me of the plot of The Mummy 2!
Thinking about it that had some sick AH potential, you could in theory create a "Draka" Egypt by giving Anubis's army to someone, though the best option for that I believe would be either the Scorpion King since he already had it but was eh sleeping or the Mummy himself since he actually was an ancient egyptian in the first place

Not sure about Baal worship, but I know they worshipped Set--which was at the time a bit of a taboo subject in Egypt.

I have considered the possibility of some kind of renegade offshoot of Egyptian society relocating to the Niger River somehow and building a society based on breaking Egyptian taboos (first and foremost their aversion to burial outside of Egypt--since Set was said to be ruler of the Red Land (that is, the land not watered by the Nile), he'd be a natural patron of theirs). The idea first came to me many years ago when I read about the climatic effects a Saturn-like ring around Earth would have--among others, extremely harsh winters in the tropics. I got the idea for an Egyptian offshoot civilization fleeing south and west to the equator after a Bronze Age asteroid impact creates such a ring, where the winters would be briefest--and building societies along the Niger and Congo with traumatic memories of the first years of cold, when the storm god seemed to be ascendant. Though that's more plucking Stirling's Satanist Russia from "The Peshawar Lancers."

Has anyone ever suggested a South American Draka?
Nope but awesome idea
Not a "Draka" per say but you could have a equivalent of Decades of Darkness* with Brazil if Pedro II died during the Regency and as a bonus if the Triple Alliance War happens on schedule you can get a massive North Korea-style Paraguayan Empire** alongside it!

*Which was about if the US itself became Draka rather than coexist or give birth to it
**Essencially being The Draka for the Spanish Empire

Sorry, correction
The "Holy Latin Empire" that people have discussed here would probably encompass South America?
Anyways it was first suggested by Mister Dystopia here
I had a similar notion of Spanish America becoming Latino Draka. Just as revenge for how they always get treated in "Big Evil Slavocratic USA" stories.

Consider the idea of a Chinese Draka, with the idea of
Say no more... (From here, not by me, by Pelecanimimus)
timeline_a_373__australian_draka_by_pelecanimimus_denwacb-fullview.png
Consider that this was actually the plotline for Seaquest DSV 2032 (NBC-TV) (1993-1996) which even has Australia sinking San Diego...

Consider the idea of China v. Fusang. The idea being that imagine that Chinese mariners settled in South America, creating the colony of Fusang, overtaking the territory that was the Inca Empire. As such, Fusang can be used much in the same way as Draka, as a nation that emerges with the migration of different groups into Fusang. Fusang can also serve as a stark contrast to the United States of America, flagging the differences between European colonization of the Americas and Asian cultures settled in the Americas. Both countries can be seen as expansionist, and based on a different set of ideals and priorities, creating a different country. In the meantime, consider that this will lead to a stagnant Chinese culture.

fusang-logo.png

Coivara

Banned
Portuguese/Brazilian Draka, let's call them Dracos (better name pending):
- The United Kingdom never disintegrates, or does it later.
- Luso-Brazilian Conquest of much of the Plata follows
- Portugal does not ban slavery and the slave trade in Angola in the 1830s.
- Portugal (perhaps under Dom Pedro IV AKA Dom Pedro I) bans slavery in Brazil (just in Brazil) say, the 1840-1850s. Helped by the fact the Plata is not as slave-dependant.
- The big land owners almost fight a civil war, but then decide to migrate to Africa, to the Angolan Highlands more specifically, as It's still legal there, and it's easier for them to get slaves.
- Driven by expansionism and the need for constant slave supplies, an alliance of local tribes (perhaps with the Kingdom of the Congo?) and slaveholders is formed. The locals supply slaves to the white landlords who mostly live in the Angolan Highlands. Essentially, the portuguese colonists lead, the local allies enforce and the other tribes are enslaved.
- Eventually the Dracos find the Afrikaner republics and build a rapport. Afrikaners let them use their land as bases for slave raids against tribes they don't like and trade with them.

- The Dracos managed to expand all the way from Angola to Moçambique, linking the two colonies and expanding southwards as well.
- The Dracos request the creation of a Fourth Kingdom to the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and Algarves. They are granted and most if not all of Portuguese Africa becomes one kingdom under the United Kingdom.
- More portuguese immigrants come along, they either become part of the lower tiers of society and mix with the locals or join the portuguese slave-holding elite.
- The Dracos run into the Zulu eventually and, considering them a strong warrior people, enlist them into the scheme.
- The British are kicked out of South Africa by Afrikaners and Zulus armed by the Dracos.
- The Afrikaners and Zulus ask for Protectorate by Portugal.
- Technically, Portugal owns most of Southern Africa. In practice, the whole thing is pretty much owned by local potentates allied to each other.
- Eventually the Catholic Church complains, slavery is banned and the Portuguese realize how their colonies in Africa are swiftly becoming one big slave-holding society that barely cares about orders from Lisbon or Rio de Janeiro or wherever their capital is. They decide to put a stop to it.
- By now, the Dracos' white elite has started to integrate with the kings, nobles and chiefs of their african allies.

- An independence war happens where the Luso-Brazilians are defeated, probably with foreign help involved (British angry that the Portuguese got South Africa?). The Dracos put one of their own as Emperor, a mixed-race Draco who has blood from African kings and said blood is used to proclaim royal legitimacy.
- The Dracos, now independent, swiftly start a campaign of expansionism across Africa. Europe barely cares enough about Africa to stop them. They mostly leave the estabilished european colonies alone but do forment dissent and such.
- The Dracos by the 1900s are a nation of race-mixed ultra-slavers. Everyone has a slave. Everyone. Even the slaves have slaves who have slaves.

I've noticed that, in a sense, the Terran Empire from Star Trek are essentially a Draka to the Federation of the same franchise. The Terrans aren't eugenicists or anything in the way the Draka are, but they are a brutal, hedonistic, and expansionistic race-based slavocracy that exists as a dark mirror to a perceived utopian or just "better" society. Just an odd thought.

Portuguese/Brazilian Draka, let's call them Dracos (better name pending):
- The United Kingdom never disintegrates, or does it later.
- Luso-Brazilian Conquest of much of the Plata follows
- Portugal does not ban slavery and the slave trade in Angola in the 1830s.
- Portugal (perhaps under Dom Pedro IV AKA Dom Pedro I) bans slavery in Brazil (just in Brazil) say, the 1840-1850s. Helped by the fact the Plata is not as slave-dependant.
- The big land owners almost fight a civil war, but then decide to migrate to Africa, to the Angolan Highlands more specifically, as It's still legal there, and it's easier for them to get slaves.
- Driven by expansionism and the need for constant slave supplies, an alliance of local tribes (perhaps with the Kingdom of the Congo?) and slaveholders is formed. The locals supply slaves to the white landlords who mostly live in the Angolan Highlands. Essentially, the portuguese colonists lead, the local allies enforce and the other tribes are enslaved.
- Eventually the Dracos find the Afrikaner republics and build a rapport. Afrikaners let them use their land as bases for slave raids against tribes they don't like and trade with them.

- The Dracos managed to expand all the way from Angola to Moçambique, linking the two colonies and expanding southwards as well.
- The Dracos request the creation of a Fourth Kingdom to the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and Algarves. They are granted and most if not all of Portuguese Africa becomes one kingdom under the United Kingdom.
- More portuguese immigrants come along, they either become part of the lower tiers of society and mix with the locals or join the portuguese slave-holding elite.
- The Dracos run into the Zulu eventually and, considering them a strong warrior people, enlist them into the scheme.
- The British are kicked out of South Africa by Afrikaners and Zulus armed by the Dracos.
- The Afrikaners and Zulus ask for Protectorate by Portugal.
- Technically, Portugal owns most of Southern Africa. In practice, the whole thing is pretty much owned by local potentates allied to each other.
- Eventually the Catholic Church complains, slavery is banned and the Portuguese realize how their colonies in Africa are swiftly becoming one big slave-holding society that barely cares about orders from Lisbon or Rio de Janeiro or wherever their capital is. They decide to put a stop to it.
- By now, the Dracos' white elite has started to integrate with the kings, nobles and chiefs of their african allies.

- An independence war happens where the Luso-Brazilians are defeated, probably with foreign help involved (British angry that the Portuguese got South Africa?). The Dracos put one of their own as Emperor, a mixed-race Draco who has blood from African kings and said blood is used to proclaim royal legitimacy.
- The Dracos, now independent, swiftly start a campaign of expansionism across Africa. Europe barely cares enough about Africa to stop them. They mostly leave the estabilished european colonies alone but do forment dissent and such.
- The Dracos by the 1900s are a nation of race-mixed ultra-slavers. Everyone has a slave. Everyone. Even the slaves have slaves who have slaves.
This is terrifyingly accurate and feels so plausible, I love it

Coivara

Banned
This is terrifyingly accurate and feels so plausible, I love it
Thanks! I would really need to find a name. The Draka are named after Francis Drake, right? Gotta think of a portuguese equivalent...

Not sure if Plausible tho, then again... Draka.

I also had them mix blood with each other because, while it feels counterintuitive (blacks = slaves early on), the idea is that the "Dracos" are the evil counterpart of Brazil, and one of the defining characteristics of Brazil is strong racial mixture and immense capability to assimilate other peoples. The appearance of the african elites is what makes them go from black = slaves to a different criteria, which might eventually morph into Non-Dracos = Slaves.

So while Brazil is mostly this big peaceful country (shut up Southern Cone! Don't make me go over there and pull the Paraguayan Special again!) that tends to keep to its affairs and is generally quite nice and neutral and assimilates all the masses of people into one greater whole that is unique, the "Dracos" assimilate every group into their path in an inexorable march of expansionist and domination are every level, each assimilation giving them their power on and on.

Hmmm... maybe drawn and pervert the Portuguese concept of the Fifth Empire and the "Cosmic Race" concept... maybe the Dracos believe they are creating the superior, ultimate race of man by assimilating every race of man into one wherever they like it or not, poking and pruning as needed, until the Ultimate Man is born from the ultimate meld of all the races of mankind, the Sigma of Human Evolution.

Last edited: