What if Roman emperor Constantius III had lived beyond 421 AD, and managed to be recognized as emperor of both West and East?
How much of the barbarian invasions could he stave off? Could Genseric's rise as warlord in North Africa be avoided? Would Constantius attempt to re-garrison Britain?
What happens to his wife, Galla Placidia, and his heir, Valentinian III? I'd figure that, with her husband still around, Galla wouldn't end up as the power-behind-the-throne, and Valentinian could learn how to be a better ruler.
In case Constantius, or his now more competent son, lives long enough to face Attila and the Huns, what are the effects on the coming conflict?

Making him emperor of the East would mean civil war.
Well, that's what his plans were IOTL, from what i can piece of certain rumors.
Considering the crumbling situation of the empire, was that any good an idea? Or did Theodosius II entice some acts of aggression toward Constantius III that warranted the latter's enmity?

Deleted member 67076

The empires in good hands if he stayed in control of the West. I can see it weathering much of the chaotic fifth century with him and not Honorius. He's got more legitimacy in the army and was a skilled tactician.

Dont think he ever wanted control of the East however, given he was preoccupied and would be given the next wave of migrations coming up. And then the Huns.