WI: China Divided along the Pearl River

• Thread starter Deleted member 109224
  • Start date

Deleted member 109224

I've seen threads proposing that the Chinese Civil War result in a North-South division along the Qinling-Huaihe line or Yengtze, but not the Pearl River.

What if China had ended up divided between the PRC and ROC along the Pearl River?

1620159242138.png

China divided along the Pearl River, including southern portions of Guangdong and Guangxi Province.
Parts of Yunnan north of the River are also included here, however. I also marked off Hong Kong.

I've seen threads proposing that the Chinese Civil War result in a North-South division along the Qinling-Huaihe line or Yengtze, but not the Pearl River.

What if China had ended up divided between the PRC and ROC along the Pearl River?

View attachment 648058
China divided along the Pearl River, including southern portions of Guangdong and Guangxi Province.
Parts of Yunnan north of the River are also included here, however. I also marked off Hong Kong.
effective sanitary cordon and possible communist defeat in vietnam

If the Communists took all the rest I see no reason why would they stop there, when all of mainland china is in their grasp. There is no way for the ROC to stop them at that point.