WI: Charles of Anjou loses the Battle of Tagliacozzo?

Charles of Anjou had been King of Sicily for about 2 years when he defeated an invasion by the legitimate King of Sicily, Conrad II (aka Conradin), who was also Duke of Swabia and King of Jerusalem through his grandmother. IOTL Conradin was defeated, captured and executed.

What if Charles had lost and Conrad had won? Calabria, Apulia and most of Sicily has risen up in support of him.

I was always surprised to see Conradin executed on the battlefield... It's just uncommon to the Medieval 13 century world..

Now, I believe that it depends how Conradin win. Is total victory? is Charles captured? is Charles kiled?
I believe that he could win the throne....

Charles of Anjou had been King of Sicily for about 2 years when he defeated an invasion by the legitimate King of Sicily, Conrad II (aka Conradin), who was also Duke of Swabia and King of Jerusalem through his grandmother. IOTL Conradin was defeated, captured and executed.

What if Charles had lost and Conrad had won? Calabria, Apulia and most of Sicily has risen up in support of him.
Presumably Conrad becomes King of Sicily and the Pope hates him, Conrad then has to find someone to Rule Sicily assuming he wants to be King of the Germans, perhaps Enzo can be freed from Bolonga for the Job, Frederick of Badan, probably gets to advance his claim to the Duchy of Austria, Although Ottokar of Bohemia may have his own thoughts about that.
We find out if Conrad can hold the duchy of Swabia together. and if Conrad can stop the male llne of the Hohenstaufen becoming extinct. Maybe the Hohenstaufen get to renew their attempt to unite Italy
The Byzantine Emperor doesn't have to spend a fortune fending off Charles d'Anjou.
Peter of Aragon doesn't get to take Sicily which creates problems for the future Spanish takeover of Southern Italy, but on the positive side it would be unlikely that there would be an Argonese crusade. it becomes less likely that the House of Capetian-Anjou, gets to produce kings of Hungary Albana and Poland, including Poland's and perhaps Europe's only female king.

Very Surprising

I was always surprised to see Conradin executed on the battlefield... It's just uncommon to the Medieval 13 century world..

Now, I believe that it depends how Conradin win. Is total victory? is Charles captured? is Charles kiled?
I believe that he could win the throne....
It would have surprised Conradin to be executed on the Battlefield as well because he wasn't executed until two months after the battle, in Naples.

Theres already a timeline based on this pod but it hasnt updated in a while so someone eles attempting it would be intresting

Bumping for interest. If Conrad defeats Charles of Anjou, perhaps he might appeal to Charles' brother, King Louis IX of France, for aid? Louis was against the Sicilian adventure from the start. In that situation, perhaps he might marry one of his daughters, Blanche or Agnes, to Conrad instead of to Alfonso 'de la Cerda' of Castile or Duke Robert II of Burgundy?

Bumping for interest. If Conrad defeats Charles of Anjou, perhaps he might appeal to Charles' brother, King Louis IX of France, for aid? Louis was against the Sicilian adventure from the start. In that situation, perhaps he might marry one of his daughters, Blanche or Agnes, to Conrad instead of to Alfonso 'de la Cerda' of Castile or Duke Robert II of Burgundy?

I think that's possible, but only in the context of Conrad renouncing his pretended on the HRE's throne. His German supporters had mostly abandoned him in Verona after all...
By the way I made a thread about exploring the possibilities opened by this pod a while back, it might be worth a look: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/planning-thread-for-a-hohenstaufen-tl.388087/

I think that the French marriage might be eased by Conrad participating to the Crusade (it would likely not go to Tunis, but instead reach its intended objective Egypt, although I am skeptical that it could achieve any real success).

I think that's possible, but only in the context of Conrad renouncing his pretended on the HRE's throne. His German supporters had mostly abandoned him in Verona after all...
By the way I made a thread about exploring the possibilities opened by this pod a while back, it might be worth a look: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/planning-thread-for-a-hohenstaufen-tl.388087/

I think that the French marriage might be eased by Conrad participating to the Crusade (it would likely not go to Tunis, but instead reach its intended objective Egypt, although I am skeptical that it could achieve any real success).

I have indeed read that thread. I should probably reply to it now.

In terms of going on crusade, Conradin is going to have the same problem his grandfather had - a potentially hostile pope looking to stir up trouble in his realms the minute he's gone. Charles of Anjou might even come back. The guy was ruthlessly ambitious, genuinely saw it as his God-given duty to remove the Hohenstaufen from Sicily, and in this scenario, if he's still alive or not badly crippled, would be spoiling for revenge against the boy who ruined his dreams of glory.