WI: Charles J. Guiteau given a job.

Charles J. Guiteau was an eccentric office seeker who shot and killed President James A. Garfield. Guiteau was slightly delusional in the fact that he believed that he had helped Garfield win the election due to the fact that he had written a speech about him that was handed out to various members of the Republican National COnvention. He had gone to Garfield's Secretary of State, James Blaine, numerous times requesting either a job as Ambassador to France or at least an audience witht he President to personally request a job. Blaine rejected him every time, eventually driving Guiteau to assassinate the President.

Slightly ASB due to Guiteau's eccentric nature, but WI Blaine had offered him a job? Maybe not the Ambassadorship (Unless ASBs get involved), but maybe a small position in Washington or maybe the American Embassy in Paris. What would the butterflies be of this eccentric working in government, no attempted assassinatiuon, etc?

Charles J. Guiteau was an eccentric office seeker who shot and killed President James A. Garfield. Guiteau was slightly delusional in the fact that he believed that he had helped Garfield win the election due to the fact that he had written a speech about him that was handed out to various members of the Republican National COnvention. He had gone to Garfield's Secretary of State, James Blaine, numerous times requesting either a job as Ambassador to France or at least an audience witht he President to personally request a job. Blaine rejected him every time, eventually driving Guiteau to assassinate the President.

Slightly ASB due to Guiteau's eccentric nature, but WI Blaine had offered him a job? Maybe not the Ambassadorship (Unless ASBs get involved), but maybe a small position in Washington or maybe the American Embassy in Paris. What would the butterflies be of this eccentric working in government, no attempted assassinatiuon, etc?

Guiteau was a fruitcake... My guess is that if he received anything less than he expected then he would go ballistic again...

Guiteau was a fruitcake... My guess is that if he received anything less than he expected then he would go ballistic again...

Hmm... he gets appointed to some minor position in the American embassy in France, then flips out and kills some French politician, causing a diplomatic incident?

Hmm... he gets appointed to some minor position in the American embassy in France, then flips out and kills some French politician, causing a diplomatic incident?
Propably... But i guess he could be insane enough to travel back to USA and kill whoever he believes was responsible for this "demotion"...

Wolfpaw

Banned
I could see him getting some minor position at a consulate, misinterpreting it to mean "ambassador," and murdering the man he's set to "replace" upon arrival.