Sorry, forgot about that!

From Wikipedia (Since I just learned of this myself!):
The Carlisle Peace Commission was a group of British negotiators who were sent to North America in 1778, during the American War of Independence. The commission carried an offer of self-rule to the rebellious colonies, including Parliamentary representation within the British Empire. The Second Continental Congress, aware that British troops were about to be withdrawn from Philadelphia, insisted on demanding full independence, which the commission was not authorised to grant. The Peace Commission marked the first time the British government formally agreed to negotiate with Congress; a previous informal attempt at negotiation took place in 1776.

In general, aim so that people who read original posts know the jist and only have to go to Wikipedia to get more details if they want to.

American population growth means they for from 1/8 of parliament to the majority. Well, that was a stupid offer. Self-rule like future OTL Canada might have been a better choice. Actually, in the beginning of the war, most of the rebels wanted to make the 13 colonies "like Hannover" under the crown but the radical faction quickly took over the rebellion (like it usually does on any insurgency...).

I don't know what POD we are doing to make the Americans accept (probably a 1774 POD or earlier) but the end result is the colonies eating up the entire House of Commons. At this point in time, the Lords is the more powerful house, but... you can see for yourself which one is stronger.