WI: Both Kennedy and Oswald lived?

what if both assassination attempts on their lives had failed? Would Oswald eventually confess to it all? What would be the theories now that Oswald is living and had failed once again to kill someone important? What is sentence after his trial? How does this affect the 1960’s with JFK living and Oswald put on trail?

Edit: I forgot to say that in this situation Oswald still kills Tippit

Last edited:
If Oswald kills no one, he's probably villified for a while, put on trial, sent to prison for a long time, and basically forgotten, along with the event itself. A living JFK provides little emotional impetus for conspiracy-theorizing.

I'm basing this partly on John Hinckley jr. as a case study. His own father had had lunch with Bush a few days before the assassination, which, logically speaking, should have provided AT LEAST as much material for the conspiracy-mongers as whatever Oswald was up to. But Hinckley didn't put the nation through the trauma of a murdered president, so people just yawned him off after a short while.

Just noticed the edit:

Edit: I forgot to say that in this situation Oswald still kills Tippit

I still don't think it makes a big difference, or not much more than the fact that Hinckley gave James Brady permanent brain-damage.