WI: Blacks in the Luzon

From what I have heard McKinley wanted to put Blacks in the Philippines, that would fit the plans of hardliners of Katipunan who wanted the Spanish populations in the area controlled by the Katipunan/Tagalog republic if they get a protectorate status with America and I think an expulsion of Chinese and Peninsulares would happen since the people of Luzon are quite racist against the Chinese and Spanish, this would mean Luzon gets Independent but under American protection can get Blacks in their territory as well due to their alliance and protectorate status with US, The blacks are similar to the Melanesoid/Australoid population of Luzon and could make it more prolific by mixing with blacks more than IOTL especially mixing with Blacks would further boost their population, you could also boost the Indian Tamil migration as well to compliment that.

Is this scenario possible?

Last edited:
From what I have heard McKinley wanted to put Blacks in the Philippines, that would fit the plans of hardliners of Katipunan who wanted the Spanish populations in the area controlled by the Katipunan/Tagalog republic if they get a protectorate status with America and I think an expulsion of Chinese and Peninsulares would happen since the people of Luzon are quite racist against the Chinese and Spanish, this would mean Luzon gets Independent but under American protection can get Blacks in their territory as well due to their alliance and protectorate status with US, The blacks are similar to the Melanesoid/Australoid population of Luzon and could make it more prolific by mixing with blacks more than IOTL especially mixing with Blacks would further boost their population, you could also boost the Indian Tamil migration as well to compliment that.

Is this scenario possible?

Looking in some ways similar to melanesians is doubtful to mean (in practise) that they will combine and act as a powerful cohesive social group, just look at what happened in liberia when african americans were sent to colonise a place where they were descended from and looked most similar to out of all potential places to colonise, the results were not pretty. i think if this was attempted it would look in practise a bit like the madagascar plan for jews whereby the lack of infrastructure and hostile new environment would result in de facto mass death among the deportees.

Looking in some ways similar to melanesians is doubtful to mean (in practise) that they will combine and act as a powerful cohesive social group, just look at what happened in liberia when african americans were sent to colonise a place where they were descended from and looked most similar to out of all potential places to colonise, the results were not pretty. i think if this was attempted it would look in practise a bit like the madagascar plan for jews whereby the lack of infrastructure and hostile new environment would result in de facto mass death among the deportees.
To be clear, I don't think it will last due to logistics although it might make a mark on Luzon's population..although the Chinese and Spanish population expelled can be replaced by Indians.

Last edited:
To be clear, I don't think it will last due to logistics although it might make a mark on Luzon's population..although the Chinese and Spanish population expelled can be replaced by Indians.

yeah i mean for sure it would make an impact on the population, another interesting dilemna later in the 20th centiry is whether america gives citizenship to all descendents of deportees and how that affects descendents of the liberia colony. would make a good tl

yeah i mean for sure it would make an impact on the population, another interesting dilemna later in the 20th centiry is whether america gives citizenship to all descendents of deportees and how that affects descendents of the liberia colony. would make a good tl
The thing is a part of the population of Luzon is identical to the blacks so they can easily assimilate as well, it will affect Liberia as the recent liberia descendants can be funneled to Luzon.