WI: Beatrice of Aragon, Queen of Hungary Has Issue

The question stands with regard to EITHER husband. Obviously a child by Matyas will render a remarriage to Vladislaus unlikely, but it's always possible that they (MatyasxBeatrice) are a bad match genetically speaking.

Also, what happens if the child is underage when her husband (Matyas) dies? Hungarian throne is elective so would she still remarry to Vlad to secure the throne? And if it's a girl? (from either husband) What then? A daughter I imagine would probably be married of to Vlad, @Jan Olbracht or Maximilian (whoever would have the most advantage)? Or would she be elected as queen regnant?

@krieger @Fehérvári

If Beatrice has daughter with Matthias she would not be regarded as sterile, so Vladislaus would be more willing to marry her and would consumate marriage (Beatrice would preffer him as second husband-she knew, that Vladislaus is weak and easy to manipulate).
If Beatrice has a son with Matthias-it depends how old is he, if he's teenager, being legitimate (and not hated by Beatrice, unlike Janos) he would have much bigger chance to succeede father than his bastard half-brother IOTL.

If Beatrice has daughter with Matthias she would not be regarded as sterile, so Vladislaus would be more willing to marry her and would consumate marriage (Beatrice would preffer him as second husband-she knew, that Vladislaus is weak and easy to manipulate).
If Beatrice has a son with Matthias-it depends how old is he, if he's teenager, being legitimate (and not hated by Beatrice, unlike Janos) he would have much bigger chance to succeede father than his bastard half-brother IOTL.

Hence my question about if the child is still under 10yo when Mats dies.

krieger

Banned
The question stands with regard to EITHER husband. Obviously a child by Matyas will render a remarriage to Vladislaus unlikely, but it's always possible that they (MatyasxBeatrice) are a bad match genetically speaking.

Also, what happens if the child is underage when her husband (Matyas) dies? Hungarian throne is elective so would she still remarry to Vlad to secure the throne? And if it's a girl? (from either husband) What then? A daughter I imagine would probably be married of to Vlad, @Jan Olbracht or Maximilian (whoever would have the most advantage)? Or would she be elected as queen regnant?

@krieger @Fehérvári

I think if Beatrice had a daughter with Matthias, she would prefer to marry her daughter to Vladislaus. Better chance for offspring. Or she would scheme towards marriage of said daughter with Philip the Handsome or one of her Aragonese cousins.

I think if Beatrice had a daughter with Matthias, she would prefer to marry her daughter to Vladislaus. Better chance for offspring. Or she would scheme towards marriage of said daughter with Philip the Handsome or one of her Aragonese cousins.
Again depends how old said daughter is.
Beatrice was ambitiois woman, she would like to remain Queen consort, this time with weak husband by her side.

I didn't know that the marriage was unconsummated OTL. Was there any reason why Vlad refused to do his duty?
To get annulment easier. From the very beginning it was his intention (although it was not his plan but plan of his advisors, Vladislaus was not smart enough for such schemings). He even ordered bishop to use wrong formulas during ceremony to use it later as argument that marriage was invalid.

To get annulment easier. From the very beginning it was his intention (although it was not his plan but plan of his advisors, Vladislaus was not smart enough for such schemings). He even ordered bishop to use wrong formulas during ceremony to use it later as argument that marriage was invalid.

Sounds like one of those guys who gets married with a pre-nup that says if the marriage lasts longer than x time, the wife is entitled to everything. And then divorces the wife a few days before the contract comes due