WI Avengers: Endgame delayed by a year.

Originally Avengers: End Game came out on April 22, 2019. What if, for whatever reason(production problems, lawsuit, conflicting releases) they delayed the release by a year to April 22, 2020. The movie once released will totally be the same, and any releases for the MCU planned after End Game will also be delayed.

This is right in the pandemic and most cinemas in the world are closed. Since this will probably mean the gross income of the movie will be heavily reduced, up to a point it might lose money, what is the future of the MCU?

Garrison

Donor
Originally Avengers: End Game came out on April 22, 2019. What if, for whatever reason(production problems, lawsuit, conflicting releases) they delayed the release by a year to April 22, 2020. The movie once released will totally be the same, and any releases for the MCU planned after End Game will also be delayed.

This is right in the pandemic and most cinemas in the world are closed. Since this will probably mean the gross income of the movie will be heavily reduced, up to a point it might lose money, what is the future of the MCU?
It is not going to lose money, it might make less than OTL and not take the record but it will make serious money and I doubt it will change any future plans.

Perhaps it would be the film in late summer 2020 that is used to attempt to restart the theater business rather than Tenet? No way it becomes the massive financial success it was IRL but would still do better than Tenet did. Disney could decide to use it to introduce Premier Access and see a massive amount of money coming in that way.

Yes. because when it does come out the anticipation levels will be through the roof.
I could imagine a crazy scenario in which Endgame is released in late summer/early fall 2020, Covid be damned, and a small but noticeable surge in cases results. Call it the “Marvel surge”.

Garrison

Donor
I could imagine a crazy scenario in which Endgame is released in late summer/early fall 2020, Covid be damned, and a small but noticeable surge in cases results. Call it the “Marvel surge”.
You can imagine it, its not remotely plausible.

Garrison

Donor
So? How are they going to use that without a way to show it? Will they go Disney+?
Depends how long its delayed. I mean I understand some people have a burning desire to see Marvel/Disney fail, but the idea that Endgame is going to be the movie that makes that happen is, strange to say the least.