WI: Annie Oakley accidentally kills Kaiser Wilhelm in 1890?

Apparently she did the trick of shooting a cigarette out of the Kaiser's hand while hungover, so say she really messes up and blows his brains out, how does it affect politics in Europe?

Wilhelm's son would become new kaiser and Wilhelm II's brother Heinrich probably would act as regent.

Otto von Bismarck wouldn't be sacked so he probably would remain as chancellor until his death (probably would happen earlier due stress over the job).

Inb4 Wilhelm caused WWI.

OT: There were powerful factions calling for a navy even without Wilhelm, so it's entirely possible it still gets built. And Bismark got fired not because Wilhelm was an idiot, but because quite frankly Bismark was kind of a bad guy who wanted to harshly crack down on workers and make their conditions hellishly bad, to the point where women who had just given birth would be forced back to work the next day. Wilhelm didn't like that, so Bismark was sacked. It's entirely possible that happens too.

Note that the above incident was actually in 1889 November 1890, during the second European tour of "Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show"

How will Ms. Oakley's trial and execution affect US-German relations, already at a recent crisis point over Samoa? Would Hearst try to whip this into a war?

Last edited:
Note that the above incident was actually in 1889, during the second European tour of "Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show"

How will Ms. Oakley's trial and execution affect US-German relations, already at a crisis point over Samoa? Would Hearst try to whip this into a war?

The Kaiser essential raise his hand and said "Pick Me! Pick Me!" and Oakley's response was "oh fuck, I have to do this."

So I don't think there will be a trial, but the Wild West show may cut short its European tour.

Regent Heinrich will probably descalate tensions and generally bluster less. The Kaiser's accidental death might allow for the US to offer condolences and for the change in administration to distract enough for tensions to drop off the radar.

Note that the above incident was actually in 1889, during the second European tour of "Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show"

How will Ms. Oakley's trial and execution affect US-German relations, already at a crisis point over Samoa? Would Hearst try to whip this into a war?

Wouldn't that be concluded as unfortunate accident? There would be surely investigation over events but hardly even trial. And probably not much damage on American-German relations since Wilhelm just was idiot who decided take such risk and Oakley hardly wanted to do that.

And Americans wouldn't hand their citizens.