WI: Al Gore never enters politics

PNWKing

Banned
He has quite a few options. He could just as easily become a documentary filmmaker. Several other options to me: He could just as easily be a high-class entrepreneur using his daddy's connections as a Senator, or become a lawyer or something.

Heck, the more interesting part is the 1992 election. Clinton might need a Northerner, possibly a Catholic. Tom Harkin strikes me as a good choice, or maybe Paul Tsongas.

- During the summer holidays, he worked on the family farm, in Carthage, Tennessee where the Gores grew tobacco and hay and raised cattle. So could carry on the farm.
- As the captain of the football team, discuss thrower and participating in basketball, he could be an athlete.
- Teacher, professor, education administrator following Tipper.

- As the captain of the football team, discuss thrower and participating in basketball, he could be an athlete.
That would be interesting if Al Gore's basketball team in ATL played against the New York Knicks (the team Bill Bradley played for.)

Heck, the more interesting part is the 1992 election. Clinton might need a Northerner, possibly a Catholic. Tom Harkin strikes me as a good choice, or maybe Paul Tsongas.
Maybe Harris Wofford? Other finalists on Clinton's shortlist included:
  • Bob Graham (flips Florida for Clinton.)
  • Lee H. Hamilton
  • Jay Rockefeller
  • Bob Kerrey

Last edited:

Deleted member 109224

If Clinton is committed to doubling down on southern centrism, Bob Graham is the go-to VP.

If he picked Jay Rockefeller, there'd be a joke to be made about two Rockefeller Republicans.

Perhaps Al Gore would be the current editor of The New York Times?
“The presidential election was upended when Governor Bush confirmed the reporting that he had been arrested for drunk driving. As first uncovered by Washington Post reporter Al Gore...”