WI/AHC: The Thirteen Colonies Remain Part of the British Empire

What if the British had managed to keep the loyalty of the Thirteen Colonies who remain as a central part of the British Empire. I myself believe that with the power of America under the British, they would be able to hold on to their empire up to the modern day.

Kaze

Banned
I would say they might have problems of keeping it during the Napoleonic Wars. The French Revolution was eventual as a sneeze and the rise of some warlord to seize power in France (whether it is Napoleon or someone else), the British would be drawn into that war. There would be a lot of questioning whether the 13 Colonies should join in / fight the French colony in the New World - nine chances out of then I would guess Parliament would have to give them autonomy / independence so to win the war against the French.

I would say they might have problems of keeping it during the Napoleonic Wars. The French Revolution was eventual as a sneeze and the rise of some warlord to seize power in France, the British would be drawn in. There would be a lot of questioning whether the 13 Colonies should join in / fight the French colony - nine chances out of then I would guess Parliament would have to give them autonomy / independence so to win the war.
I would imagine that the nobles would force the king into establishing a parliament-esque system once the monarchy went bankrupt. The nobles would be granted greater power and lead the liberalization efforts.

Say the French Revolution still happens, I imagine the Thirteen Colonies would be pleased with the ability to seize French Louisiana.

It's fairly likely a hypothetical 'Dominion of America' (which the Brits would have to do, if they want to keep hold of the colonies) has knock on effects elsewhere. Less investment in India, as an example. Furthermore, unless there's a large change in British policy, I dunno if you'd get anything like the OTL United States. Would the 'Dominion of America' still go MANIFEST DESTINY MOTHERF****** on Spain/Mexico? That's hard to say.

It's fairly likely a hypothetical 'Dominion of America' (which the Brits would have to do, if they want to keep hold of the colonies) has knock on effects elsewhere. Less investment in India, as an example. Furthermore, unless there's a large change in British policy, I dunno if you'd get anything like the OTL United States. Would the 'Dominion of America' still go MANIFEST DESTINY MOTHERF****** on Spain/Mexico? That's hard to say.
I believe the British would seize French Louisiana and create a Quebec-esque province in OTL Louisiana. Would Americans migrate into the Southwest (under either Mexico or the Spanish Empire)? That is an important question to ask. However, it is sure that the British would take Cascadia.