WI/AHC: A far-right equivalent of communism?

I generally don't care for these sort of hypothetical ideological development challenge threads, in part because in every instance I've seen them, they tend to devolve into circuitous arguments and that's boring. This on the other hand; This is beautiful. If you developed it some more and figured out when to use it in a TL, this would be some great stuff to read.
Thank you Persephone! I tried to imagine something that might realistically emerge from 19c intellectual currents, hence the eugenic and classical elements.

I'm a generalist, so my previous attempts at timelines fizzled out because I can't do the in depth stuff involving minor real life figures etc that people here respond to. Fwiw I'd imagine this ideology emerging in the late 19c, gaining traction post WWI, as an internationalist utopian ideal of breaking down nation states, providing for the poor and rewarding success; of course before long it's true colours come to the fore, racist eugenics, murder of the ill and deformed. It would have more elite buy in than otl far right movements whilst keeping the population on side with grand rhetoric. The UK would be more drawn in than with fascism but ultimately the calls to pick the best of all classes and breed out the weak of most classes causes it to split into Global perfectionism and national perfectionism, so it fails to gain seats in a parliamentary first past the post election. France doesn't succumb at first, though Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria and others do. Eventually, it allies with French movements as French Perfectionism leaving Britain with Portugal Holland and Belgium as allies. The SU picks a fight, leading to a European war that goes badly for Russia, which loses all influence in non Russian territories. This sets the scene for a tripartite cold war: the SU, perfectionist Union, and the us/uk/dominions.

I’ll concede your last point. I was wrong on that account, Marx merely founded modern communism (what everyone today considers communism), as people who practiced the same form of government before him didn’t consider themselves communists.

How long did the Paris Commune last, though? Correct me if I’m wrong, but it was an unrecognized entity that exercised partial control of a city for a mere ten days.
Considering the Bear's 2 warnings I'm not going to discuss your unusual definition of communism outside of Chat.

I generally don't care for these sort of hypothetical ideological development challenge threads, in part because in every instance I've seen them, they tend to devolve into circuitous arguments and that's boring. This on the other hand; This is beautiful. If you developed it some more and figured out when to use it in a TL, this would be some great stuff to read.
It could make an interesting WI though.

Anarchism is not nor ever has been right wing. It has its origins in the far left, and remains such. The entity referred to as “anarcho-capitalism” today is much newer and difficult to actually consider anarchism, to the extent that most anarchists don’t consider them to be such.
Most an-caps I know don't consider an coms true anarchists so I guess the feeling is mutual.

When the serfs where liberated in Prussia one of the biggest arguments of the conservatives who wanted to remain lords of their serfs that the free market would leave them eventually home- and workless. Previously it was the responsibility of the lords to look after their serfs and ensure that they were fed and had homes. Surely this was the go to argument of conservatives in every state that liberated their serfs around that time. And they were right the following agrarian capitalism led to more and more people moving to the cities as they searched work. And later the workers of the factories and coal plants lived in poverty but some Industrialists pretended to care and built company owned settlements and schools for them. Liberal Capitalism always leads into workers movements gaining power or getting stronger that's why an alternate right wing ideology would need to create an welfare state just like Bismarck started to placate the social democrats.

My proposal for a right-wing internationalist political movement would be neofeudalist and force the industrialists to care for their workers while enforcing strict societal hierarchies just like the old feudalism. Poor people would have access to infrastructure and homes on company owned ground because the bigger companies are required to give them. Maybe the workers even get representation inside the companies just like the modern worker councils in Germany have some sort of say. This would ensure that workers could perceive this system as fair and the local communist chapter as unneeded troublemakers. The state needs to provide a safety net in case of unemployment.
Politically this system would obviously work like Prussia did with the three classes of voting rights or even worse: Maybe you don't get a vote at all if you're a worker + special privileges for all nobles. Successful Industrialists would be ennobled fast. The parliament in itself would also be not as strong as modern parliaments.
I guess I just envision an imperial Germany on steroids without the universal vote on the imperial level and an even worse level of voting rights while the system is preserved by a welfare state that is based on the christian obligation of the monarch and elites to help the poor.

Internationally this system would probably be desired by the mercantile and noble elites since communists and other revolutionaries would have no say while they share power with the monarch. Theoretical this movement would also work in an conservative republican version where the president replaces the monarch and the world is divided between reactionary states and communist states they would obviously ally each other as communism is their greatest threat.

Last edited:
My inner monarchist just cringed aha :p
Yeah, elective monarchies have always had their pitfalls, as the history of the PLC showed.... yet, some lasted for a long time. Some continue to last today (I've even heard there's one in Rome that's been around for a couple thousand years :p)
How about Anarchomeritocramonarchism? :)

There are reasons an "anarchist state" has never lasted for any length of time - sort of a contradiction in terms. Even the "Makhnovshchina" began to take on some hierarchical and statist characteristics out of necessity - as I would argue that any attempted anarchist "polity" would.

Anyone on the board ever attempted a Makhno-wank? That's a TL I would go back and read...

When the serfs where liberated in Prussia one of the biggest arguments of the conservatives who wanted to remain lords of their serfs that the free market would leave them eventually home- and workless. Previously it was the responsibility of the lords to look after their serfs and ensure that they were fed and had homes. Surely this was the go to argument of conservatives in every state that liberated their serfs around that time. And they were right the following agrarian capitalism led to more and more people moving to the cities as they searched work. And later the workers of the factories and coal plants lived in poverty but some Industrialists pretended to care and built company owned settlements and schools for them. Liberal Capitalism always leads into workers movements gaining power or getting stronger that's why an alternate right wing ideology would need to create an welfare state just like Bismarck started to placate the social democrats.

My proposal for a right-wing internationalist political movement would be neofeudalist and force the industrialists to care for their workers while enforcing strict societal hierarchies just like the old feudalism. Poor people would have access to infrastructure and homes on company owned ground because the bigger companies are required to give them. Maybe the workers even get representation inside the companies just like the modern worker councils in Germany have some sort of say. This would ensure that workers could perceive this system as fair and the local communist chapter as unneeded troublemakers. The state needs to provide a safety net in case of unemployment.
Politically this system would obviously work like Prussia did with the three classes of voting rights or even worse: Maybe you don't get a vote at all if you're a worker + special privileges for all nobles. Successful Industrialists would be ennobled fast. The parliament in itself would also be not as strong as modern parliaments.
I guess I just envision an imperial Germany on steroids without the universal vote on the imperial level and an even worse level of voting rights while the system is preserved by a welfare state that is based on the christian obligation of the monarch and elites to help the poor.

Internationally this system would probably be desired by the mercantile and noble elites since communists and other revolutionaries would have no say while they share power with the monarch. Theoretical this movement would also work in an conservative republican version where the president replaces the monarch and the world is divided between reactionary states and communist states they would obviously ally each other as communism is their greatest threat.
Similar to my thoughts, I wondered about an extreme romanticism style movement.

VVD0D95

Banned
Yeah, elective monarchies have always had their pitfalls, as the history of the PLC showed.... yet, some lasted for a long time. Some continue to last today (I've even heard there's one in Rome that's been around for a couple thousand years :p)
How about Anarchomeritocramonarchism? :)

Ahaha this is very true

Most an-caps I know don't consider an coms true anarchists so I guess the feeling is mutual.
I wish this was in chat because I would love to go more into this, but it's more the case that no other anarchists consider ancaps to be anarchists, and it's such a deviation as to be openly criticised as such since its inception.
Similar to my thoughts, I wondered about an extreme romanticism style movement.
I think the issue with a romanticist movement is that there is a difficulty RE the populist part (which is needed on some level to be a right wing communist alternative). Outside of maybe the agrarians, I think this is a harder sell to the average lower class person.
Nonexistent deity save our gracious Comrade
Average live our gracious Comrade
Nonexistent deity save our comrade

Send him/her victorious
Happy and meritorious
Average to be appointed by us
Praise be to Atheos!

I think the issue with a romanticist movement is that there is a difficulty RE the populist part (which is needed on some level to be a right wing communist alternative). Outside of maybe the agrarians, I think this is a harder sell to the average lower class person.
Which is why they need to be in favour of a big welfare state and maybe racism since that sadly works for right wing populist movements in OTL.

Nonexistent deity save our gracious Comrade
Average live our gracious Comrade

Send him/her victorious
Happy and meritorious
Average to be appointed by us
The liberal pantheist version doesn't scan as well unfortunately:

Universe save our gracious fellow (by allowing them to be saved),
Long live our best fellow (by allowing them to live long),
Universe save our gracious fellow (by allowing them to be saved).
Send them victorious,
Happy and meritorious,
Long to be considered best among us as we see fit to do so.
Universe save our gracious fellow (by allowing them to be saved).

Last edited: