WI : Abd Al Malik Al Muzzaffar isn’t assasined

What if Al Muzzaffar second Amirid ruler of Al Andalus doesn’t die in 1008 either of angina or poison and live/reign to 1035 contrary to sanchuelo he seemed competent what would be the effect of him having a longer rule would the fitna of Al Andalus and Taifa era not happen ? Or with a Pod after Almanzor they are still likely to happen ? Could he consolidate the gain of his father ?

2A29DF2C-75EE-4787-B066-C43A39701E02.png

Or even do some of his own ?
@Planet of Hats

Last edited:
He did OTL but i’m interested if there are some area where he could some more permanent gain and which one it will be the more likely to be
He wanted to get Barcelona/Barshilluna back As that was a vital trade port and might push to the Pyrennes to have a more defensible border and a cordon sanitaire against the mountain kingdoms, that would be the goal.

He wanted to get Barcelona/Barshilluna back As that was a vital trade port and might push to the Pyrennes to have a more defensible border and a cordon sanitaire against the mountain kingdoms, that would be the goal.
interesting i was thinking more along Castille or Portugal but that a more logical target

interesting i was thinking more along Castille or Portugal but that a more logical target
The Duero Valley will be the second main focus of expansion but Barshiluna-Pyrennes will be the high priority target, the medditeranean trade and a defensible border for barshiluna would be vital, them Conquering back the Duero Valley/Lusitania too

@Abd ar-Rahman II Some long term ideas? once Barcelona is recovered and ditto regions of duero valley(the light green one in the map)
I think it will depend on Al Muzzaffar successor but it seem to me that the Amirid rule was generally unpopular because of heavy taxation and importation Berber tribe but succes at the frontier and one as big as the (re)capture of Barcelona would certainly give legitimacy and popularity to their rule and it seem that Muzzafar reduced some of the tax that angered the population if his successor is competent enough he will keep with his father and grandfather policy and not screw with the Caliphate i have also head that muwallad military unit started to be trained before the fitna if that happen and professional native army start happen with the reconquest of the Duerro valley and possibly the Umayyad of Cordoba remaining a symbol of Islamic unity Christian kingdom possibility of pulling a reconquista even with a Taifa like period would be extremely low . Now I would like to see the Hajib institution evolving like a Islamic shogunate analogue like in Moonligth in a Jar TL

muwallad military unit started to be trained before the fitna if that happen and professional native army start happen with the reconquest of the Duerro valley and possibly the Umayyad of Cordoba remaining a symbol of Islamic unity Christian kingdom possibility of pulling a reconquista even with a Taifa like period would be extremely low . Now I would like to see the Hajib institution evolving like a Islamic shogunate analogue like in Moonligth in a Jar TL
Possible very Possible, we Could see a more professional army and less reliance on mamluk too. Recovering Barcelona would get some good influx of goods and money via trade too. so could work to slowly break the via regia and put the mountain kingdom back where belong