WI: A beatle had actually died in a car crash in 1966?

For those who are unaware, there was a rumor that Beatle Paul McCartney had died in a car crash in 1966 and had been replaced. So what if this were true? Who would’ve been most likely to die in that car crash? Would they have covered it up if it were real or would they tell the truth and disband? How would either of those situations affect Pop culture?

(BTW, I not a Beatles fan, I just really find the whole “Paul is dead” thing interesting.)

I don't see them trying to cover death of their member. Why they even would do that? And probably it would be anyway pretty difficult.

(BTW, I not a Beatles fan, I just really find the whole “Paul is dead” thing interesting.)

I have to say that, while I believe that Paul McCartney is just as alive now as he was before 1966, the Beatles do seem to have been trying to make people think that SOMETHING happened to him.

I mean, is there any logical reason for him alone to have his back turned on the Sgt Peppers' cover? Even as an absurdist joke, it kinda falls flat.

And I don't know if people are really buried shoeless in Sicily, but John does kind of resemble the standard idea of a priest, and George a blue-collar gravedigger, on Abbey Road,

And for the life of me, I cannot hear "Cranberry Sauce" at the end of Strawberry Fields. I don't quite hear "I buried Paul" either, but whatever it it sounds closer to the latter.

I have to say that, while I believe that Paul McCartney is just as alive now as he was before 1966, the Beatles do seem to have been trying to make people think that SOMETHING happened to him.

I mean, is there any logical reason for him alone to have his back turned on the Sgt Peppers' cover? Even as an absurdist joke, it kinda falls flat.

And I don't know if people are really buried shoeless in Sicily, but John does kind of resemble the standard idea of a priest, and George a blue-collar gravedigger, on Abbey Road,

And for the life of me, I cannot hear "Cranberry Sauce" at the end of Strawberry Fields. I don't quite hear "I buried Paul" either, but whatever it it sounds closer to the latter.
I hear “I buried Paul” but he could be saying “Ran Berry auce” which might make it sound like I buried Paul but at this point who cares?

Ramontxo

Donor
Well if Paul really was killed the secret would have leaked by now. I dont see Lennon holding the secret forever. Whoever was behind the conspirancy would have had to dispose of him OMG... There you have a TL...

Well if Paul really was killed the secret would have leaked by now. I dont see Lennon holding the secret forever. Whoever was behind the conspirancy would have had to dispose of him OMG... There you have a TL...

If you want, we could collaborate on that. (It doesn’t matter to me, I’m just glad someone was interested in my thread.)

Ramontxo

Donor
Just half a joke half a Idea. If Í ever work in a TL (not very probable) it would be in a alternative Carlist war or SCW. Sorry but if you write this one I will really enjoy it :)

Just half a joke half a Idea. If Í ever work in a TL (not very probable) it would be in a alternative Carlist war or SCW. Sorry but if you write this one I will really enjoy it :)
I’m not that much of a Beatles fan anyways so I wouldn’t really even want to.