Why the Chinese play cricket (The Pax Imperialis)

By then it may well be too late, and training up an illiterate Chinese peasant is a vastly different matter from training up a literate Indian with a respectable primary education.

If they really need men they can break up the current Yao units and use them as cadre for the rest you don't need fully trained men if all your doing is holding the line and if got experienced regulars stiffening their backs you can hold its just that you can't do much else

What are the territorial exchanges planned for a Post-War Chile? The CW appears to be fairly consistent in what it deems to be appropriate post-war action. Liberate, don't dominate. While territorial exchanges do take place, the CW appears to recognise the importance of not pushing it too far.

The war in South America however, that's a war that took place, precisely due to pushing it too far. Chile taking the Bolivian coast and the dismantling of the Peru-Bolivian Confederation. Even in OTL, almost 150 years later, it's still a sticking point between Bolivia & Chile. While I can imagine the CW trying to pressure Chile into not demanding further exchanges, I can't see Chile not pushing for something.

The writing is on the wall that the CW are slowly but surely looking at a victory in this conflict, but I can't see it being able to maintain a peace post-war, not without turning allies into enemies and enemies into friends.

The mobility and firepower was attempted by the US in Vietnam. It didn't work then. It had to pass half a century of technological advances before it worked in Afganistan at last, though it still doesn't work for guerrilla warfare.
But you are not really talking about guerilla warfare - you're talking about formed and entrenched army units. If the Yao end up basically defending choke points then they are effectively duplicating the worst parts of American strategy in Vietnam

I suspect what you would be looking at is more like Israel vs the Arab Armies or even Japan vs British in Malaya

What are the territorial exchanges planned for a Post-War Chile? The CW appears to be fairly consistent in what it deems to be appropriate post-war action. Liberate, don't dominate. While territorial exchanges do take place, the CW appears to recognise the importance of not pushing it too far.

The war in South America however, that's a war that took place, precisely due to pushing it too far. Chile taking the Bolivian coast and the dismantling of the Peru-Bolivian Confederation. Even in OTL, almost 150 years later, it's still a sticking point between Bolivia & Chile. While I can imagine the CW trying to pressure Chile into not demanding further exchanges, I can't see Chile not pushing for something.

The writing is on the wall that the CW are slowly but surely looking at a victory in this conflict, but I can't see it being able to maintain a peace post-war, not without turning allies into enemies and enemies into friends.

Post war is going to be really hard, especially in Latin America. Colombia will probably want Panama, Chile will want its pound of flesh too. The CW hold on Latin America is still very fragile.

But you are not really talking about guerilla warfare - you're talking about formed and entrenched army units. If the Yao end up basically defending choke points then they are effectively duplicating the worst parts of American strategy in Vietnam

I suspect what you would be looking at is more like Israel vs the Arab Armies or even Japan vs British in Malaya

The CW have one thing the PA don't. The luxury of time. They will gain naval superiority, then they can isolate islands and take them out one at a time with overwhelming force.

Post war is going to be really hard, especially in Latin America. Colombia will probably want Panama, Chile will want its pound of flesh too. The CW hold on Latin America is still very fragile.

Without CW holding a stick over the heads of Latin America, I'm not sure how the end of this conflict, isn't going to lead to years of instability and conflict.

Without CW holding a stick over the heads of Latin America, I'm not sure how the end of this conflict, isn't going to lead to years of instability and conflict.

As I said the current CW hold on Latin America is fragile. It won't survive the peace and the US will have plenty of fertile ground to regain influence

Definitely a three way cold war. French Africa will be gone regardless of the outcome of the war, same with Indochina and the East Indies.

Three way is dangerous. Ours was bad enough with just 2. Three ways means more factions and dictators with more choices on who they appeal too for help. The only benefit will be if the CW can keep it's colonies. Outside of the Africa the CW will probably be able to stay together in this scenario. Africa/India is a different game entirely. India is better off in this TL, but you've got to deal with things like segregation, racism and corruption. the CW is doing better than OTL, but these same problems threaten to tear the CW apart.

Definitely a three way cold war. French Africa will be gone regardless of the outcome of the war, same with Indochina and the East Indies.
If it's three way then one of the four powers won't be a power at the end of the war - PA, CW, Entente and Warsaw Pact.

Difficult to see PA and CW being very chummy so isn't there a risk that both PA and CW take the "he may be a b*stard but he's our b*stard" approach to Europe and we end up with a bipolar world anyway?

Three way is dangerous. Ours was bad enough with just 2. Three ways means more factions and dictators with more choices on who they appeal too for help. The only benefit will be if the CW can keep it's colonies. Outside of the Africa the CW will probably be able to stay together in this scenario. Africa/India is a different game entirely. India is better off in this TL, but you've got to deal with things like segregation, racism and corruption. the CW is doing better than OTL, but these same problems threaten to tear the CW apart.

Oh yeah the CW has a lot of issues to deal with post war. The local governments in India are rife with corruption and nepotism with a side order of racism due to the caste system and Muslim minority. South Africa is powder keg. The Home Islands are going to undergo a very painful economic realignment. You have the integration of the non Anglised colonies. For decades after the war the CW will teeter on the verge of collapse.

If it's three way then one of the four powers won't be a power at the end of the war - PA, CW, Entente and Warsaw Pact.

Difficult to see PA and CW being very chummy so isn't there a risk that both PA and CW take the "he may be a b*stard but he's our b*stard" approach to Europe and we end up with a bipolar world anyway?

To avoid the WP absorbing the Entente or vis versa would require the CW and PA to cooperate in the middle of this war. Not impossible, the CW and PA are still very quietly cooperating over the European persecution of Jews. But bloody hard

Pangur

Donor
This may help.

Total divisions which may be raised. If a state starts going into their overload capacity troop quality will drop. The replacement is how many lost divisions may be replaced per year. The Gaige is based on the population of their northern stronghold. The Yao divisions are divided into high quality and militia

Max
Peace/War/Overload: Currently Raised
CW = 103/623/831: 303 (9 lost)
Combat value: 100
Replacement = 3.5 per year
US = 30/180/240: 126 (7 lost)
Replacement = 1 per year
Japan = 36/109/146: 83 (0 lost)
Replacement = 0.6 per year
Gaige = 13/75/100: 44 (0 lost)
Replacement = 0.4
Yao = 70/420/560: 40 + 110 (0 lost)
Combat value: 80/25
Replacement = 2.3

Colonial
CW = 8: 8
US = 6: 0 (4 Philippines 2 Cuba)
Japan = 3: 0 (2 Korea 1 Formosa)
Before any one gets in to cold wars I see a far bigger issue with these numbers. OK so the CW have more of their own land to protect which take up some of the excess divisions but from a US/Japan no where near enough which leave them with two options, stir up trouble in the colonies and a mixture of chemical an germ warfare

Oh yeah the CW has a lot of issues to deal with post war. The local governments in India are rife with corruption and nepotism with a side order of racism due to the caste system and Muslim minority. South Africa is powder keg. The Home Islands are going to undergo a very painful economic realignment. You have the integration of the non Anglised colonies. For decades after the war the CW will teeter on the verge of collapse.
So the world post war is going to be a Cold War between a politically unstable Hyperpower CW with its supporting alliance, a economically ruined and political divided superpower PA and a European Superpower faction having to rebuild continent and a half. Jesus the world is going to be in for a ruff few decades.

Before any one gets in to cold wars I see a far bigger issue with these numbers. OK so the CW have more of their own land to protect which take up some of the excess divisions but from a US/Japan no where near enough which leave them with two options, stir up trouble in the colonies and a mixture of chemical an germ warfare

Another factor is while they have the manpower to raise all these divisions, they don't have the cash to be able to afford to do it.

Cash wise how many can be kept in the field
CW 420 divisions
US 200 divisions
Japan 100 divisions
Gaige 20 divisions
Yao 20 divisions

You may note both the Gaige and Yao are already being heavily subsidised.

So the world post war is going to be a Cold War between a politically unstable Hyperpower CW with its supporting alliance, a economically ruined and political divided superpower PA and a European Superpower faction having to rebuild continent and a half. Jesus the world is going to be in for a ruff few decades.

You got it lol

Pangur

Donor
Another factor is while they have the manpower to raise all these divisions, they don't have the cash to be able to afford to do it.

Cash wise how many can be kept in the field
CW 420 divisions
US 200 divisions
Japan 100 divisions
Gaige 20 divisions
Yao 20 divisions

You may note both the Gaige and Yao are already being heavily subsidised.
sooo CW are in trouble 623/831: and can pay for 420, the US 180/240 and can pay for 200, Japan 109/146 and can pay for can pay for 100.The Gaige; 75/100 and can pay for 20! Yao 420/560 and pay for 20

They are all going to run out of money really fast

sooo CW are in trouble 623/831: and can pay for 420, the US 180/240 and can pay for 200, Japan 109/146 and can pay for can pay for 100.The Gaige; 75/100 and can pay for 20! Yao 420/560 and pay for 20

They are all going to run out of money really fast

I may have to rework the figures a bit, but yeah