Why certain communities are not allowed in this site?

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by Caravels of Portugal, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Caravels of Portugal Well-Known Member

Give me a reason why alt-righters, conspiracy theorists, TERFs, Holocaust deniers, Confederate apologists and other types of communities are not allowed in this site? And give me other communities that are not allowed in this website?

2. KuboCaskett Resident Japanophile

I think it's because those kind of people you listed tend to be very unreasonable and hard to debate with; sure granted I'm all for free speech in they can espouse their nonsense almost anywhere, but well not on this site, which is understandable given the two reasons I laid out.

3. MusuMankata Mostly Clueless

The list you've mentioned has an odd one out: Conspiracy theorists.

While the other items on the list are all political affiliations (or at least ideological principles) with positions that aren't very conductive to discussion, are very aggressive towards specific categories (mostly a problem of TERFs and Alt-righters) or both; Conspiracy theorists (the non-politically affiliated kind anyway, otherwise they fall in one of the above categories) are banned from the site arguably also because there's an high risk of making the main topic of the site (alternate history) impossible to discuss, simply because they would argue the WI is, indeed, what really happen and proof of the contrary is fake.

Maoists and virulent tankies are another example.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  4. Caravels of Portugal Well-Known Member

I have another question, do antitheists, political soapboxers and users who only dedicated on spouting things like hate on Christopher Columbus, 'race is a social construct', drug legalization and criticism of Donald Trump are not allowed?

Zagan likes this.
  5. Lalli Well-Known Member

I think that these all are allowed so long when is able discuss things with civilised way instead attacking towards other users.

SaveAtlacamani likes this.
  6. FriendlyGhost Haunting history for 45+ yrs

7. Mad Bad Rabbit Well-Known Member

Because it's Ian's website, and he does not wish to allow them.

8. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Read the Board rules and policies. You will find your answer.

9. Lautréamont Eurabian Witchdoctor

There's a no-current-politics-outside-of-Chat rule. If you don't want to read any "political soapboxing" as you call it, don't go into that subforum.

10. Byzantine fanatic Scholar of the West and East

Because those groups consist entirely of individuals who disrespect others and spread disruptive lies, often using insults and aggressive behaviour and contributing nothing of value?

RiverDelta and Leon Trotsky like this.
  11. Leon Trotsky Well-Known Member

Isn't it obvious? Because they are all deranged radicals and fringe edgelords who almost NEVER refrain from inflammatory comments, always use personal attacks on opposition, spread unsourced and misleading hoaxes and falsehoods, seek to violently overthrow democratic governments, harass people of interests such as social democrats, jews, notable politicians, etc, and also never contribute anything to the discussion and oftentimes exist on a forum to only spread toxicity and incite drama and chaos.

Byzantine fanatic likes this.
  12. Miguel Lanius Well-Known Member

These kinds of questions are frowned upon by the Estabilishment, citizen.

13. Grey Wolf Writer, Poet, Publisher, Cat-sitter Gone Fishin'

I'm sure everyone is ALLOWED on the site. It is what you do when you get here which decides if you will stay here.