Why are the Tudors such a Hot Topic for Alternate History Writers?

So this is more of an opinion thread then being a point of divergence, but I was thinking about this today and wanted to inquire as to people's opinions. I have read a lot of alternate history, and one of the most common themes is having something change during the reign of the Tudors between 1485 and 1603. A couple of examples include:

The Boleyn King Trilogy by Laura Andersen - POD - Anne Boleyn gives birth to a surviving son, King Henry the IX.

The Tudor Legacy Trilogy by Laura Andersen - POD - Elizabeth marries King Philip of Spain and has a daughter as a result.

I am just curious why people think this is such a hot topic for Alternate History writers.

Firstly I think its partly due to there being so many PODs that the average person knows about. In the UK, lessons on the Tudors occur in History classes at frequent intervals at both primary and secondary levels of education. Therefore British writers are likely to be more familiar with the Tudor Era than with the Plantagenets or even the Stuarts.

Secondly, the Tudors oversaw a period of tremendous flux in both England and the wider European scene. The most important and obvious of these is of course the Protestant Reformation, which fundamentally altered the course of European - and world - history. Obviously the heavy-handed way in which the CofE was imposed by Henry VIII provides an interesting scenario to consider, given that it radically altered both Anglo-Continental relations and the future of English nationalism. Other important events include the Renaissance, the Habsburg-Valois Wars, and the foundation of the Empire of Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor. All of these provide fascinating potential PODs which can be manipulated to create virtually whatever world the writer desires, without need for ASBs.

Thirdly, the Age of Exploration which dawned under the Tudors saw a radical alteration in how Europeans interacted with the outside world. Therefore PODs involving the Tudors have the potential to significantly alter the future relationship between Europeans and non-Europeans, particularly with regards to colonisation.