That may be due to the other thread showing a Nelvana Doctor Who 13-ep series in 1986.

I meant the talent acquisition who'll be working on that series. The Genesis of the point probably should have been in Neon.

Shinji. ;)

I'm quite enjoying this. I especially appreciate the nod to Nelvana animation. In OTL Rock and Rule very nearly sunk them, and I think it contributed to the 'lurching/desperate' quality of some of their choices. A large problem with Rock and Rule was that it was such an odd piece the marketers really didn't know what to do with it. What you've done here is given the company an opportunity to forge a coherent strategic direction.

Apart from that, I'm quite enjoying the literary style of the work - the quotations from different persons in this new history, the unpredictable permutations, and the excerpts from the series.

Don't mind me. I'm just going to keep working in my tiny corner of Nelvana. But if anyone wishes to read my work there as a subset of this, I won't object. If Dav goes off in very different directions from me, I'll continue my own, and enjoy his as well.

Glad you're enjoying the TL and its format, is proving to be more fun with changing the shift every now and then. Rock And Rule was an interesting project all in all, it could have made quite the splash but the studio killed it off before it could take a gamble with it. By just about breaking even ITTL, but still having the network breathing down their neck regarding what projects they can take, as well as the split between the mature fare and the more 'kiddy' stuff, it really lets Nelvana go in a vastly different direction, albeit one with its own traps and problems.

Is yours the one with a Doctor Who Nelvana cartoon? I'll have to look out for that one.

I meant the talent acquisition who'll be working on that series. The Genesis of the point probably should have been in Neon.

Shinji. ;)

Glad you're enjoying the TL and its format, is proving to be more fun with changing the shift every now and then. Rock And Rule was an interesting project all in all, it could have made quite the splash but the studio killed it off before it could take a gamble with it. By just about breaking even ITTL, but still having the network breathing down their neck regarding what projects they can take, as well as the split between the mature fare and the more 'kiddy' stuff, it really lets Nelvana go in a vastly different direction, albeit one with its own traps and problems.

Is yours the one with a Doctor Who Nelvana cartoon? I'll have to look out for that one.

Yeah, that be the one.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=308056

I also did a 'Peter Cushing' Doctor Who timeline, although it's kind of a mess. I'll redo it sometime.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=302509

Apart from that, I'm best known for Green Antarctica, Axis of Andes and
Land of Ice and Mice

And I'm quite proud of Bear Cavalry

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=277501

This appears to be interesting- and other things could change as well. Swamp Thing would be very different, and my favorite DC heroine might not lose her dad.

The Sixth Doctor
Part Eight: Number Six:

[Scene:A figure is scene standing in a court dock, his face and figure obscured as the light comes from behind. Little else can be seen as a commanding voice speaks over the shot.]

VOICE:
You stand here today, accused of the worst crimes possible for our race.​

[A shot is shown of the First Doctor from The Unearthly Child where the Doctor is talking with Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright in the TARDIS.]

VOICE:
You broke away from the Time Lords to go on a journey that threatened our very way of life.​

[A shot is shown of the Second Doctor talking animatedly with Jamie McCrimmon in the Faceless Ones.]

VOICE:
You fraternised with lesser races, showing them our secrets and allowing them to interfere with time itself on your journey.​

[A shot is shown of the Third Doctor confronting the Brigadier after the events of Doctor Who And The Silurians.]

VOICE:
You gave these lesser races knowledge and weaponry to strike out on their own, poisoning the timestream on a whim!​

[A shot is shown of the Fourth Doctor, wires in hand as he contemplates genocide during the Genesis of The Daleks.]

VOICE:
Your unauthorised actions were the first shot in a war against a species that you have born an unnatural grudge against for centuries!​

[A shot is shown of the Fifth Doctor as he leads people against Adrasta from The Creature From The Pit.]

VOICE:
Your actions have led to a poisoning of the time-space continuum that can never be cured! You have been brought here to answer for your crimes and serve your punishment! Does the defendant have anything to say?​

[The camera cuts back to the Sixth Doctor as the lights go up and he is revealed, looking calm and collected as he simply raises an eyebrow.]

DOCTOR:
First of all, I am the Doctor. Second of all, I'm your only chance of survival.​
-Extract from the opening scene of the first episode of 'Trial of a Time Lord'

Profile:
For his sixth incarnation, the Doctor took on many of the darker characteristics from his previous incarnations while adding some of his own. Quiet, methodical and borderline ruthless in his dealings, the Sixth Doctor also was at his most intelligent and let everyone know this. In several ways, he resembled the First Doctor in tone and arrogance, but was much sharper and even more manipulative. The Sixth Doctor was a brilliant planner, taking advantage of the flaws of his enemies and allies alike with plans in advance or ones he created in an instant. The Sixth Doctor still held the values of justice and exploration, but these were tempered by a love for Gallifrey that grew as the series went on, the years of travel, as well as the running story of the series, showed that the Doctor was considering returning in the aftermath of the war. That said, these feelings were largely seen in interactions with other Time Lords and, more than any other incarnation, the Sixth Doctor was a liar. As the series went on, the Doctor's darker aspects arose as he grew increasingly ruthless while his dependency on his companions also grew more pronounced, the need for other's humanity showing as the war took a toll on his own. His interaction with his companions showed that the Sixth Doctor was willing to respect them, although asking that they first show their virtues he held so highly in Humanity first.

Description:
Like the First Doctor, the Sixth dressed like an Edwardian gentlemen although his relied solely on a black suit and waistcoat and a white shirt. Always finely attired, the Sixth Doctor carried himself with a sense of style that hadn't been seen since the Third Doctor. The Sixth Doctor carried only two accessories with him through his entire run, a cigarette case and a walking stick. A heavy smoker backstage, Jeremy Brett had allowed some of that to be incorporated into the character as he carried a gilded silver case on screen that actually kept a series of lock picks in it, one suitable for every lock in the Universe. The walking stick was added later in the series and the Sixth Doctor is notable for being the only incarnation to carry a weapon as the twenty-second series was the point when the 'Time War' arc reached its height. The walking stick actually converted into a gun designed to punch through Dalek defences and was only used a handful of times before the Doctor eventually cast it aside when he grew sick of the war.
- Extract from the Heart of The TARDIS: A Doctor Who Wiki (1)

jeremy-brett-sherlock-holmes.jpg

- Shot of Jeremy Brett on scene in costume, the hat was a one off for the twenty-second series serial 'The Underground Horror'

[Scene: The Doctor and the Brigadier stand in a UNIT office, the Doctor lounging in a chair while the Brigadier enters, looking at the Doctor keenly as he's still unaware of the recent regeneration.]

BRIGADIER:
[Pause] So you've regenerated again then Doctor.​

DOCTOR:
[Raises an eyebrow] You're getting better at this Brigadier. How did you deduce it?​

BRIGADIER:
We've got a situation going on and I've got a man suddenly appearing in my office that looks as if he knows every damn thing in the world. Who else could you be? Just one thing though.​

DOCTOR:
Oh, what's that?​

BRIGADIER:
You're not going sing, are you?​

DOCTOR:
[Smiles] I have been known for it.​

BRIGADIER:
[Pause] I didn't know when I was well off...​
- Extract from 'Death From Below'

Trial of a Time Lord – Four episodes
The Dalek – Two episodes
Death From Below – Four episodes
The Alliance – Three episodes
- A list of the series from the nineteenth series of Doctor Who

Trial of a Time Lord:
The first serial of the nineteenth series started off with only a brief mention of the Fifth Doctor before focusing on the Sixth. The four episode serial started off with the Doctor on trial for crimes that supposedly struck at the very core of Time Lord society. The Doctor pleads innocent of the crimes as the audience learns that the true reason behind his trial is that the Daleks have mastered time travel and have started a war with the Time Lords that's going badly for Gallifrey. A conspiracy started within the Time Lord High Council, putting the Doctor on trial with most of the Council needing a scapegoat for the start of the war with the Doctor serving as one due to his actions in Genesis of The Daleks. A small faction sees the trial as a sort of fig leaf to the Daleks in a bid for peace and as their opportunity to take control of Gallifrey itself. The trial goes on, leading to a series of biased account against the Doctor and his adventures, the court doing everything it can to get a guilty verdict as the Doctor manages to counter their accusations. As the trial goes on, the Doctor learns of the conspiracy and acts, managing to play the factions of the High Council against each other, revealing the conspiracy through his trial and outing the faction trying to make peace with the Daleks. With the conspiracy revealed and the conspirators under arrest, the Doctor is recruited into the war, although able to act on his own as he looks to fight the war against the Daleks.

The Dalek:
The Doctor stops the TARDIS in England of 1880, having managed to track down a trail showing a time traveller in the period and place. Investigating the trail, the Doctor finds that a lone Dalek has crashed near London during this time. Badly injured and barely functional, the Dalek nevertheless tears through the local defences as it fulfils its directive to kill all non-Dalek lifeforms. Meeting with an army Captain named Henderson, the Doctor helps to rally a defence before the Dalek reaches London itself. As the Doctor tries to come up with a way to beat the Dalek with the limited resources available to him, the defences fall to the Dalek before Henderson manages to lure the Dalek to a space wired with huge amounts of dynamite that he uses to destroy the alien. The Doctor confronts Henderson over the potential destruction Henderson could have created with his tactics only for the Captain to take the Doctor to task with his reluctance to do what might be needed when it comes to war and refused to get his hands dirty. The Doctor, realising that Henderson had a point, offers the Captain a place as his companion. Wanting to end this threat to England, Henderson agrees right away, seeing it as his duty to fight the Dalek threat.

Death From Below:
Coming to the present day, the Doctor and Henderson arrive to warn UNIT of the war that could very well hit Earth. As the Doctor meets with the Brigadier, Henderson walks around London, amazed at the changes and disgusted by a few of them as well, his racism showing as he confronts a young Indian woman, a lawyer who represents poor tenants and others pro bono. Henderson's Victorian sensibilities clash with the lawyer, a young woman named Devisingh who is nevertheless patient with Henderson himself, seeing his views as needing changing rather than attacks. As this goes on, the Doctor meets with the Bridagier, the latter rather exasperated with the constant changes he's seen from the Doctor but takes his words concerning the war between the Daleks and Time Lords seriously. As they're preparing for that though, UNIT headquarters comes under attacks as something rises from the sewers. The Doctor rejoins with Henderson outside UNIT headquarters while Devisingh joins them, her curiosity having gotten the better of her after meeting Henderson and eager to meet this Doctor. A series of monsters lay siege to UNIT, coming from out the sewers as they drag several soldiers to their deaths, mutating them into monsters like themselves. The Doctor and others investigate below UNIT, uncovering several laboratories which had been sealed away after their experiments had been abandoned. A video tape reveals one scientist had managed to sneak back in though to restart the experiments, creating the lifeforms before being killed by them. The Doctor and the Brigadier work together to stop the threat, the Doctor having to concede that the monsters must be wiped out as they're mindless threats to Humanity. Devisingh steps in to protest this, saying they might yet be true life forms that are worth saving. She's overruled however and the labs are destroyed, killing the monsters inside while UNIT soldiers finish off the strays. As the Doctor prepares to leave, he first invites Devisingh onto the TARDIS, reasoning someone with her humanity is needed so that he doesn't become as bad as those he fights. Devisingh accepts and the group go away on the TARDIS to confront the Daleks in the battles ahead.

The Alliance:
After a communication with the Time Lords that tells of suspicious activity on the planet of Larcon VIII, the Doctor and Co. touch down in the twenty-eighth century amid great turmoil on the planet. Already in the midst of a civil war, matters are complicated by the leadership of both sides having vanished, the two factions breaking down into further factions as it becomes chaos. Throughout this, the Doctor and his companions look to uncover the mystery, suspecting the Daleks but when Henderson is captured, it's revealed that the Cybermen are behind the attack. Having turned the leadership of the planet into Cybermen themselves, the race plans on waiting for the ensuing civil war to weaken Larcon VIII enough so that they may take over completely, upgrading everyone on the planet after they're made defenceless. With the Doctor acting from the outside along with Devisingh, Henderson manages to escape as the group expose the Cyberman conspiracy to the planet, leading to a confrontation that sees the Cyberman base destroyed. With the mission completed, but still questioning why Daleks had been traced to the area, the Doctor and his companions leave. After they do so however, the remaining Cybermen do meet up with the Daleks, saying that the Doctor is too large a threat to both of their races to be allowed to live and an alliance is struck, the series ending with the threat of the alliance hanging large.
- Synopsis of the serials that made up the nineteenth series of Doctor Who

Part of the appeal for the nineteenth series of Doctor Who came from its versatile story range. the Trial of a Time Lord serial felt more like a political thriller as the Doctor exposed the various factions of the Time Lords and the truth of the war with the Daleks was revealed. The Dalek served two purposes, an actual horror episode with the Dalek serving as the monster to be defeated and to re-establish the Daleks as a threat. Not seen since Redemption of The Daleks, the need for the race to be seen as a terror was felt. The sight of a mere broken down Dalek tearing through defences and killing soldiers with ease went a great way to remind people just why they were to be feared. Death From Below was a serial that went a great deal to establish the relationship between the Doctor and his new companions while also showing that the series wouldn't focus solely on the Daleks themselves. The Alliance was an experiment in continuing the story arc that the series was to keep to throughout Brett's run as the Doctor. Ending with the Daleks and Cybermen joining to destroy the Time Lords, the stage was set for the twentieth series to continue where the story had left off.
- Extract from 'Galactic Tales: A History of Doctor Who', 2008

[Scene: Within a barracks with the Sixth Doctor looking over a map of the region on the wall, Captain Henderson beside him.]

DOCTOR:
At its current speed, the Dalek should be upon us within the hour. If it gets through, it will tear through London, killing all in its way.​

HENDERSON:
But what drives it to do this Doctor? We've not hurt it, why does it want to kill everyone?​

DOCTOR:
Because you're not a Dalek. Anything that isn't a part of them is instantly seen as something to be wiped out. They will not stop until everything in the Universe is scoured and nothing remains beside themselves.​

HENDERSON:
[Brief pause.] Even cricket?​

DOCTOR:
[Raises an eyebrow as he replies, deadly serious.] Especially cricket.​
- Extract from a scene from 'The Dalek'

“I admit to flubbing my line at that point. It was my first major scene to be filmed with Jeremy and I'd gotten rather nervous at that point. When it came to speak, I just utterly forgot what I was supposed to say and just threw in the first thing that came to mind and Jeremy responded wonderfully. The bit went down so well that they kept it in and I think that helped a lot with playing Henderson. Before, there was an edge too him that made it hard to give him a sympathetic look. With that though, his character was tweaked slightly as I offered my own input. We were able to soften him up as time went on, something I was grateful for as it let me and Meera really work up a chemistry on our own interaction."
- Extract from an interview with Peter Davison, 2008

[Scene: Devisingh stands inside the TARDIS, having gotten over her initial shock at its dimensions. The Doctor stands beside her while Henderson stands on the opposite side of the console.]

DOCTOR:
I know what I'm asking you is a lot and there are risks. We will be in a war like no other. The threats we shall face can tear the very fabric of the Universe apart. If you go with us, there's no guarantee of you ever coming back. You will lose your life and your family and loved ones may never know.​

DEVISINGH:
Well after that sales pitch, why should I come with you then?​

DOCTOR:
Because I need someone to remind me what I'm fighting for. The days ahead will be bleak, they might even be hopeless and I need something to ground me. I need an anchor to morality, so I won't become the very monster I'm fighting. Henderson knows how to fight a war, I'm asking you to be the person who will never let me forget that I'm fighting for the good of the Universe.​

DEVISINGH:
[Pauses for a moment before smiling] When do we start?​
- Extract from a scene from 'Death From Below'

“It was a bit overwhelming for quite a while. I was still very early in my career when I took the audition for Doctor Who and got the part of Devisingh, so to be made one of the actual companions took my breath away. Everyone was wonderful though, Peter and Jeremy especially helped me get into my role and made me feel welcome. I still count the four years on the show as some of the best of my career, professionally and personally.”
- Extract from an interview with Meera Syal, 2006

The nineteenth series of Doctor Who was greeted with both acclaim from audience and critics along with rising ratings. The suspension of the show, along with the delay in seeing it come back onto screens, had managed to create up a great deal of excitement which was met by high quality writing and great performances throughout the nineteenth series. Jeremy Brett was soon hailed as an excellent Doctor, his performance being key to the success of the show and his chemistry between Peter Davison and Meera Syal was seen as a highlight for many. The success in telling a long term story-arc remained to be seen but the reaction had been positive at first, many interested in the potential of it.

The return of Doctor Who then had been a great success, proving that the series still had life left in it after the hiatus. Greeted well by new fans and old, it appeared that Doctor Who was back and on top. All was not well backstage however as Michael Grade still resented having the show on the BBC and he was determined to make his voice heard.
- Extract from ‘Doctor Who: The Backstage Story’, 2008

1: For the personality of TTL's Sixth Doctor, imagine the general demeanour of the First Doctor when he softened up, throw in the arrogance of OTL's Sixth Doctor albeit tempered by a much better relationship with his companions and having the Seventh's ability to plan in advance or on the fly. Add in a dose of the War Doctor as Brett's tenure goes on and you have TTL's Sixth Doctor.

Last edited:
Wow!!!!!
Very impressive and believable. I'm just worried how Michael Grade is going to sabotage this unexpected(by him) and unwelcome (for him) successful rebirth. Wednesday night at 7:30pm against Coronation Street?

Wow!!!!!
Very impressive and believable. I'm just worried how Michael Grade is going to sabotage this unexpected(by him) and unwelcome (for him) successful rebirth. Wednesday night at 7:30pm against Coronation Street?

Grade doesn't have that power at the moment and really can't go against the success of the show. He can try convincing others though...

Very well done. I cannot wait to see what happens next.

Glad you're enjoying and hope you continue to do so. Next few updates continue with the Sixth Doctor's run before going to its end.

He would. However alas poor Sherlock! In return for an excellent Doctor we've lost the best television Holmes (and yes I include Cumberbatch and Miller in that analysis)

Transmission dates
Trial of a Time Lord
Episode 1 : Saturday January 7th 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 2: Saturday January 14th 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 3: Saturday January 21st 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 4: Saturday January 28th 1984 17.20 PM
The Dalek
Episode 1: Saturday February 4th 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 2: Saturday February 11th 1984 17.20 PM
Death from Below
Episode 1: Saturday February 18th 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 2: Saturday February 25th 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 3: Saturday March 3rd 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 4: Saturday March 10th 1984 17.20 PM
The Alliance
Episode 1: Saturday March 17th 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 2: Saturday March 24th 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 3: Saturday March 31st 1984 17.20 PM

Given the hiatus and cancellation, is the TARDIS console room set the same one from before or different?

Last edited:
He would. However alas poor Sherlock! In return for an excellent Doctor we've lost the best television Holmes (and yes I include Cumberbatch and Miller in that analysis)

Well I didn't go into this trying to write a Utopia. ;)

Transmission dates
Trial of a Time Lord
Episode 1 : Saturday January 7th 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 2: Saturday January 14th 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 3: Saturday January 21st 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 4: Saturday January 28th 1984 17.20 PM
The Dalek
Episode 1: Saturday February 4th 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 2: Saturday February 11th 1984 17.20 PM
Death from Below
Episode 1: Saturday February 18th 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 2: Saturday February 25th 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 3: Saturday March 3rd 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 4: Saturday March 10th 1984 17.20 PM
The Alliance
Episode 1: Saturday March 17th 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 2: Saturday March 24th 1984 17.20 PM
Episode 3: Saturday March 31st 1984 17.20 PM

Oh, thanks for posting this. Is a nice bit of detail I overlooked somewhat.

Jeremy Brett as the Doctor; I'm stunned and salivating for more! :D

Should be two or three more updates concerning Brett's time as the Doctor. He'll pop in and out in other places though.

Given the hiatus and cancellation, is the TARDIS console room set the same one from before or different?

Ah, forgot to consider this. I'd go with it being a different one, changed to fit the series new mood.

I'd go with it being a different one, changed to fit the series new mood.

Well its unfortunate we wouldnt see something like the 8th doc's console room due to budget. A souped up version of the secondary console room with a proper console would be fine.

The Time War
Part Nine: The Adventure Continues:

[Scene: The Doctor is alone at the console of the TARDIS, Henderson and Devisingh are elsewhere sleeping. The communication screen suddenly lights up, the Time Lord Ranos appearing on it, looking severe.]

RANOS:
Ah, Doctor, thank goodness, we're in need of your skills.

DOCTOR:
When aren't you? What battle of yours do you need me to win this time Ranos?

RANOS:
The Daleks and Cybermen are using time travel to reverse their defeat at Lanar VII, we need you to strike at their capabilities to do so.

DOCTOR:
So that only we can go back to correct our mistakes? You know the consequences of this as much as I do Ranos, it could lead to the end of time itself.

RANOS:
It won't come to that Doctor. At least, I can only hope it won't.

DOCTOR:
Is this truly what I've been fighting for? An endless madness that could destroy the entire Universe?

RANOS:
[Attempting some joviality] You were there at the beginning Doctor, it's only right you'll be there at the end.

DOCTOR:
[Severely] Even if it costs me everything, there shall be no end.​
- Extract from the opening scene of 'The End of Time', the final serial of the twenty-first series of Doctor Who

As Jeremy Brett's run as the Doctor continued throughout 1985 and 1986, Doctor Who experienced a resurge in popularity that was in no small part due to Brett's time in the part. The Doctor was mysterious, many fan theories springing up in response to the hints towards his past and family. Nothing concrete was ever provided but the question of who the Doctor actually was grew as the series went on, Brett's performance deepening the mystery of the character, adding little tweaks to it that added further questions. The period 1984-1987 is regarded as the high point of Doctor Who with high quality scripts, excellent performances and a long running story arc which culminated in what's regarded as the series' moment of triumph. Brett himself would go onto earn an OBE for his role in the series just before his death and list the role as the highlight of his career.
- Extract from a fan poll on the top ten list of fan favourites to play the Doctor, Doctor Who Fan Magazine 2000

What happened to the Fifth Doctor?
Was the Doctor really there at the beginning of the Time Lords?
Why did Henderson smile?
Who was Andorra?
How many years was the Sixth Incarnation of the Doctor active for?
Could the Time Lords and Daleks return?
- Only a few of the many questions fans had at the end of the Sixth Doctor's tenure

“Despite the huge controversy during the John Denver run, Doctor Who gained a huge fan following in the US that we were determined to hold onto. To that end, we looked to cast more American actors to help fill the gap from Denver leaving us. While still primarily a British show, tapping into talent from overseas really helped expand the talent shown on screen as we averaged around three actors per series, budget allowing. It showed what we could get, in terms of talent who could do great things with the material we offered them. Granted, there was some minor backlash over one incident, but that was isolated from what we accomplished as a whole.”
- Extract from an interview with David Maloney, 1998

War in The Skies:
With the Time War ongoing, the Doctor and his companions touch down on a ship belonging to Quixano, a leader of a rebellion against the tyrannical Emperor of Celor. Despite this war, the Doctor is here to investigate rumours of the involvement of the Cybermen, despite them having no place in this time or world. Forced to go along with Quixano during their investigations, Devisingh in initially open to his rebellion against the tyranny of the Emperor until the true nature of his fanaticism is revealed, Quixano plans on destroying the government completely, leaving nothing in its place and allowing true anarchy to take place, giving the people complete freedom to live or die in the chaos to follow. Horrified by this, Devisingh tries to get the Doctor to forge a peace, which he tries, even managing to get a communication between them but it just devolves into a shouting match. Throughout this though, Henderson and the Doctor find evidence of the Cyberman intervention in weaponry captured from Empire troops. Further investigation leads them to discover that the Emperor made an alliance with the Cybermen, promising them the rebels as rewards for their weaponry. The Cybermen themselves hope to use Celor as a new production base once the war is over however, turning the billions who live there into greater numbers of their forces. Directing the attacks of both the Emperor and Rebels to the Cyberman ship, the joined forces manage to destroy the threat before Quixano directs his ship to destroy the Emperor's, killing him and decapitating the government. Unable to stay as he's discovered the nature of the Cybermen's alliance with the Daleks, the Doctor brings his companions to Gallifrey as Celor faces an uncertain future.
- Synopsis of the the second serial of the twentieth series of Doctor Who, 'The War in the Skies'

Raul Juliá and Brian Blessed have a polite discussion about politics.
- Caption underneath the photo on the 'Ham to Ham Combat' page from TV Tropes, 1012

[Scene: A communications centre with people manning consoles and a large screen on one side of the room. The Doctor, Henderson and Devisingh stand beside rebel leader Quixano as he looks to the screen.]

QUIXANO:
Activate visual.​

[The screen activates, a bulb lighting up beside it, showing the Emperor glaring directly into the room.]

QUIXANO:
Activate audio.​

[A second bulb lights up for a second before burning out as the Emperor begins to speak]

EMPEROR:
So Quixano you dog, are you ready to surrender?

QUIXANO:
To one such as you? Never! You are a disease upon our people, one that must be eradicated immediately! This is simply to serve notice on you and your followers, surrender now and I guarantee your trial will be fair.

EMPEROR:
A trial?! Me?! You dare put your sovereign in the place of thieves and guttersnipes?! Even if your backlog of crimes hadn't condemned you already, I'd have had you killed for that!

QUIXANO:
You may try you monster! But I represent an idea of freedom! And you cannot kill an idea! Capture me! Torture me! Kill me! It doesn't matter! Even if I die, the idea shall live on and people shall see it!

EMPEROR:
The people will not dare strike at their true ruler for a treacherous worm like you!

QUIXANO:
You are no ruler of the people! YOU! ARE! A TYYYRRRRRANT!!!

EMPEROR:
TYRANT??!!! I! AM! THE! EEMMMPPERRRRAAHHH!!!​

[To the side, Henderson flinches while Devisingh winces and brings hand up to her right ear. The Doctor brings a hand to his face and sighs.]

DOCTOR:
I see this was as productive as I had imagined...​
- Extract from a scene from 'War in The Skies', the second serial of the twentieth series of Doctor Who

“One fun fact to note about this scene is, due to a power outage cutting production time short, there was no time for a reshoot so the shot with the bulb burning out had to be kept in. Considering that was the bulb to show that the audio was working, what you saw and heard was Raul Juliá and Brian Blessed screaming through 10,000 miles of the vacuum of space. In space, everyone can hear you ham.”
- Extract from 'War in The Skies', a review by SFDebris, 2011

“We hadn't intended to use that shot of course. We managed to tape a few of the scenes and had planned on several shots with a different take to see how Raul would react to each one and select the best out of them. Unfortunately, time constraints after a power failure and numerous other haphazards that all seemed to pile on at once meant we were stuck with the one where we were in a competition to see who could swallow the most scenery in the least amount of time. Raul played against it well, going as far as I did. Just a shame he wasn't able to give a more subdued performance as that's the scene everyone remembers about that serial.”
- Extract from an interview with Brian Blessed, 2004

“I know people credit me and Peter for our reactions to the argument in that episode as being a comic thing, but it wasn't. It wasn't until we were shooting the scene that we realised we were behind the sound system. We got a complete blast of Brian with the machine at full volume from right behind us. Gave us a headache throughout the rest of the day.”
- Extract from an interview with Meera Syal, 2001

The Time War, a story-arc which encompassed series nineteen, twenty, twenty-one and twenty-two of Doctor Who. Largely composed of telling the story of how the Doctor and his companions fought against the Daleks as they made a concentrated effort through time and space to destroy the Time Lords and bring the Universe under their control. It comprised of three major sub-arcs throughout the four series, the nineteenth series and beginning of the twentieth told the story of the start of the Time War and the gathering of forces by the Time Lords and the Doctor. The second sub-arc told of the alliance between the Daleks and Cybermen which the Doctor ended only through great sacrifice and the loss of his own morals. The third suc-arc told the last days of the Time War as the Time Lords grew ever more desperate to end the conflict before the Daleks became victorious with the Doctor trying desperately to contain the damage both sides wreaked in the Universe. Largely seen as the show's Golden Age by British fans, the series enjoyed high ratings although it was controversial for several of the themes running throughout, as well as the perceived violence in the show.
- Extract from 'The Heart of The TARDIS: A Doctor Who Wiki', 2013

“It was great working with both Meera and Jeremy, the three of us got on really well and it showed on screen. It really helped with out characters that we could sit down and talk about what we wanted to get out of them and our performances, it also really helped to develop the relationship on screen between Henderson and Devisingh. The writing really let us show that what could have been a two-dimensional back and forth constant argument between the two was allowed to become so much more than that.”
- Extract from an interview with Peter Davison, 2003

[Scene: A corridor in an alien station, Henderson and Devisingh are rushing through it, escaping stealthily from a Cybermen outpost that is unaware of their presence.]

HENDERSON:
[Lurching to the left] Quick! This way!

DEVISINGH:
No! We came through this way! [Pointing to the right] We can get back that way!

HENDERSON:
Oh for pity's sake, which one of us is the professional soldier here? Why don't you listen to me you...

DEVISINGH:
You... What exactly? You woman? You darkie? Is that it?

HENDERSON:
We don't have time for this.

DEVISINGH:
Maybe not, but I'm sick of it. Your attitude, your condescension and the fact you just can't get over ideas that belong in the past!

HENDERSON:
And you seem to forget that's where I'm from! For God's sake, you think it's easy to just leap away from my home and time to realise that everything I've been taught, everything I've learned is wrong. No, not just wrong, evil. So forgive me if it's taking me time to get used to this fact. Forgive me if I can't drop beliefs I've held all my life. And forgive me if I don't live up to your own enlightened ideals. Now, shall we get going before we're discovered?

[Henderson heads off in his original direction, Devisingh looking at him before following quietly.]
- Extract from a scene from 'The Cyber Initiative' a serial from the twentieth series of Doctor Who

“We managed to get the idea for the series in general during those first few days I met with David. After setting down the core ideas for the next four years, it then began to flesh out more, turning into the form of the television series. We all had lots of help from the actors regarding the characters, as well as other writers making great contributions. Meera did a very good job when the time came for her to leave the show, the fate of her character having been planned out three years before. The fan reaction to her and Peter in the show was better than we hoped, the story we planned had come to fruition in the last two years of my time on the show, starting with 'The End of Time'.”
- Extract from an interview with Alan Moore, 2003

“We all knew the time frame we had for the series. This wasn't going to be where we signed on for a year at a time or so. The layout had been given to us from the start so it wasn't a suprise at all to read of Devisingh's death. It was still a bit sad though, I loved my time on the show and finally having to say goodbye did manage to bring a tear to my eye. I have to admit that I was very proud of my time in Doctor Who and was overwhelmed by the fan response I received for my work on it. I still get people coming up to me telling me that Jeremy, Peter and I were their favourites in the TARDIS. I have nothing but fond memories of my time on the show and my only regret is that it didn't last longer.”
- Extract from an interview with Meera Syal, 2003

The End of Time:
After receiving a message from the Time Lords about how the Daleks are using time travel to prevent losing a battle on the Planet Lanar VII, the Doctor and his companions arrive on the planet looking to destroy the time machine before it can be used again as the Time Lords attack. Having grown jaded over the madness around her, Devisingh breaks away from the group as she tries her best to bring about a peace between the Daleks and Time Lords. As she does this, Henderson and the Doctor act to destroy the time machine, bringing the remaining Cybermen down on them, the race having lost the majority of their number during the Time War. The Time Lords actually called in the Doctor to act as a distraction while they bring about a plan to end the threat of the Daleks and Cybermen with a bomb that would distort time itself in the region, obliterating all those hit by it from time itself. Discovering the scheme, the Doctor and Henderson rush madly to stop it, realising the insanity of such a weapon being used. The Doctor manages to eliminate the time destroying elements of the bomb as Henderson helps fight off a Cyberman attack, but is unable to stop it from being sent out to be used. The Cyberman fall onto the Time Lord defences, only to be called back once a message is heard from a spaceship, one from Devisingh as she tries to summon the different sides to discuss peace. Believing that the Doctor is with his companion, the Cybermen move in to attack her, not realising the bomb is about to be set off. Devisingh believes this is a sign that peace might be possible before the bomb explodes, taking out the entire Solar System, killing her and wiping out the last of the Cybermen. The Doctor and Henderson watch on, knowing that there's nothing they can do without starting the madness they came here to stop and take their leave, the Doctor finally picking up a weapon as he looks to fight in the remaining days of the Time War.
- Synopsis of 'The End of Time', the final serial of the twenty-first series of Doctor Who, aired in March, 1986

“I knew it! I knew they'd listen! Just someone to reach out to them, that's all they needed. Oh, I hope you're watching Doctor, I hope you know what this day means! Finally, this nightmare can-.”
- The final words of Devisingh

“All scores being relative to their series, 'The End of Time' gets an eight out of ten. It shook up the status quo like little else in the series previously. One of the companions died in a way that was completely accidental in actually saving the Doctor's life, the Cybermen were gone, not to be seen for well over a decade after this serial aired and only two were left on the TARDIS to see out the final days of the war.”

“The character of Devisingh has been somewhat divisive as I've noted before. While well written and not the stereotypical hippie some have accused her of being, her actions led some fans to accusing her to losing her mind at least, thinking that, after everything she'd been through, the Daleks could still be negotiated with. But I disagree with that for various reasons. Devisingh had set herself out for being the Doctor's anchor towards the part of Humanity he cherished and idealised so much. Throughout her time on the show, Devisingh always appealed to the Doctor's best characteristics and managed to bring them out in him. As the Time War went on though, the weariness that the Doctor felt about the conflict was seen in her as well. While the Doctor was willing to accept it for Gallifrey, Devisingh had no such loyalties and was willing to call the Time War for what it was, a mad war fought between two races that were willing to destroy the Universe for their own ends, both as bad as each other. In her final act, she let hope override reality, hope that the war could stop. In her own words, that the nightmare could end.”

“In Devisingh's death, we see it's effect on Henderson and the Doctor. Henderson, formally committed to the Time War and the destruction of the Daleks, asks the Doctor what's the point of it if they couldn't save someone like Devisingh and only receives silence as a response. Before, he was a loyal soldier to the Doctor but the relationship he established with Devisingh, someone he previously only saw in contempt, opened his mind to things outside his time, his world view. With her death, he can only contemplate on his regret of not doing further.”

“And what of the Doctor? The last shot we have of him in this serial, this series in fact, is sitting in solitude, thinking about what has happened. Unable to save Devisingh, he instead looks to a gun taken from the Cybermen and starts to modify it. The Doctor, a man so committed to his ideals that he's refused to even carry a gun into battle, now works on creating a weapon to kill as many of his enemies as he can. No mercy, no regrets. The Sixth Doctor had completed the transition from an explorer into a warrior, one that would no longer react to orders, he would seek out and kill all Daleks to end them, and the nightmare.”
- Extract from 'The End of Time', a review by SFDebris, 2013

Last edited:
Oh, wow. I'm speechless. :eek: Fantastic story-working on your part! Don't know what else to say, beyond keep up the great work!
Seconded.
So now he's this timelines War Doctor (as mentioned in previous posts) and OTL's War Doctor wasn't seen carrying a weapon :eek:
I should think that he's equally well regarded by the Gallifreyan High Command with regards to following orders:rolleyes:

Seconded.
So now he's this timelines War Doctor (as mentioned in previous posts) and OTL's War Doctor wasn't seen carrying a weapon :eek:

Other than shooting "NO MORE" into that wall in Arcadia. And being willing to use The Moment to commit double genocide on both the Time Lords and the Daleks in order to end the war.