Who would a posthumous daughter of Juan Prince Asturias and Margret of Austria marry

When Juan died Margret was pregnant with a girl, but tragically miscarried. If she is born alive, and survives infancy I see her marriage options being down between Miguel de La Paz and one of the Trastamaras of Naples, probably Ferdinand Duke of Calabria. Historically Ferdinand screwed them over in 1501 and took the Kingdom for himself. But they are still Transtamaras, so the Catholic monarchs might prefer them to inherit than to turn the country over the the House of Aviz. On the other hand Miguel was raised with his grandparents, and Isabella seemed especially attached to the boy.

Miguel would probably be seen as the best option in my opinion, considering that Ferdinand viewed the Neapolitian Trastamaras as little more than bastards.... Miguel would probably be raised in Portugal though, seeing as he won't be his grandparents heir, though he could possibly spend some time in Castile and Aragon since he will at the very least be King Consort
.. It's also entirely possible he would either Jure Uxois King of Aragon, or king of Aragon in his own right considering that Aragon had some form of salic law..

IRL Ferdinand did grown fond of the Duke of Calabria. I always found it odd how eager Ferdinand was to dismember Naples. Not that he'd betray his kin, that happened all the time, but that he'd do so after fighting a war to put them back on the throne. Did he just view them as ungrateful ingrates?

Well, she pretty much has to marry her eldest surviving male cousin on her father's side, whoever that is. Because succession in Castile would probably be unstable after La Católica's death and marrying the eldest son of the eldest surviving daughter to the only daughter of the only son prevents the formation of any rival claims.

Last edited:
IRL Ferdinand did grown fond of the Duke of Calabria. I always found it odd how eager Ferdinand was to dismember Naples. Not that he'd betray his kin, that happened all the time, but that he'd do so after fighting a war to put them back on the throne. Did he just view them as ungrateful ingrates?
I think who he was also influenced by the fact who both his sister and her daughter were Queen Consorts in Naples. Ferdinand II was not Frederick... And I believe who Frederick would have likely kept his crown if he had accepted a betrothal between his heir and his half-sister (only she was 10 years and half older than him).

And I believe who Frederick would have likely kept his crown if he had accepted a betrothal between his heir and his half-sister (only she was 10 years and half older than him).
I was under the impression that it was Catherine of Aragon who was offered for Ferrante III originally?

I was under the impression that it was Catherine of Aragon who was offered for Ferrante III originally?
No way, she was engaged to Arthur since she was 3 years old and considering Ferdinand‘s opinion of his relatives of Naples AND the fact who he and his sister tried to make his niece Joanna as Queen of Naples when she was widowed (in place of her half-brother Frederick) I doubt he had EVER taken in consideration the idea of offering one of own his daughters for Frederick’s heir.