Who was more likely to have assassinated Andrew Jackson? Clay, Calhoun, or Webster?

Who you believe is more likely to have assassinated him and why? This is a question on one of my APUSH assignments and I wanted to see who people think was more likely to have done it.

Redhand

Banned
Nobody could kill the guy. Someone tried, and Jackson proceeded to beat him with his cane and diffused the attempt. He also was in a duel where he literally allowed someone to lodge a bullet in his chest, gathered himself, and than fatally shot the other guy while bleeding out.

But seriously, they all hated him for one reason or another, but Calhoun seemed to be the least civilized and most angry of the three and would be more willing to go down that path.

Who you believe is more likely to have assassinated him and why? This is a question on one of my APUSH assignments and I wanted to see who people think was more likely to have done it.

Calhoun; although himself a Southerner, he was an aristocratic little SOB who *hated* Jackson's populistic appeals to the common man; unlike him, A.J. had been self-made and rose up thru the ranks, whereas Calhoun was essentially born into his position.....and he saw this upstart as a threat to the aristocracy.

Whereas the other two men were far more civil; neither one, I think, would be driven to such lengths.

I think this question is more like 'Who was more likely to have sex on the Capitol steps, Clinton, George W Bush or Ross Perot". The answer is that it is vanishingly unlikely that any of them would.

Assassination (of one politician by another) simply isn't in the American system. Even then.

Might one of them have challenged AJ to a duel? Maybe, although, given AJ's practice in duelling, that would have been next to suicide. Might they have punched him in the nose? Yes, but that would have led to a duel, see above.