Who is Skyler?: A Collaborative Supplement to American Magic

Welcome to yet another collaborative supplement to my pop culture TL American Magic!

First, before we open the forum, let's set the stage for you:

On the night of October 21, 2002, the Galleria mall in White Plains, NY, was packed with shoppers who sought last minute deals on Halloween costumes. However, one customer in particular sought a bargain for something entirely different.

Two months earlier, convicted child molester John Kricfalusi, once hailed as a genius in the field of television animation, escaped from Leavenworth Prison. A fugitive for roughly two months, John returned to Westchester County, NY, where he once lived next door to his former captive. When he found his former neighborhood radically changed, John K turned his attention to other places kids would normally gather. Once such place was the Galleria in White Plains.

Surveillance footage shows John K browsing through The Disney Store, KB Toys, Funcoland and Claire's, with customers backing away from the sight of him. Next stop for John K was Waldenbooks. It was here, that John found a girl that closely resembled "Blair," the girl he kidnapped six years earlier.

As he approached the girl and grabbed her arm, John was startled, but slow to realize his next would-be victim was in fact a boy in drag.

"Skyler" managed to get away, but running on high heels could only get him so far. The left shoe buckled under his foot, sending him face first onto the linoleum titles of the mall floor. "Skyler" rolled over, only to see John towering over him, ready to pounce. With his right high heel, "Skyler" kicked John right in the groin as hard as he could.

Doubled over and writhing in pain, John was met by an angry mob that attacked him with chairs and trays from the food court. One lady clubbed him in the face with her purse, causing a fully loaded Desert Eagle to fly out of an unzipped compartment.

The gun slid across the floor. Before John could reach for it, "Skyler," with just one shoe on, stood up and picked up the gun, aiming for John. All it took was bullets to the groin and forehead to put a stop to John's reign of terror.

Later that year, and well into the start of 2003, criminal charges against "Skyler" were dropped. Authorities cited accounts from witnesses and credible self defense claims to rule John's death a justifiable homicide.

Even with all that, many questions are still unanswered. But the most baffling question of all is...

Who exactly is "Skyler"?
What is his backstory?
How did he come to be?
Where is he now?

All that is yours to answer as we now open this collaborative thread.​

October 28, 2002

In Ottawa, Canada, a funeral was held for Michael John Kricfalusi, who was killed last week by an adolescent vigilante at a shopping mall in White Plains, New York.

At least nine mourners showed up, even plans called for 200.

MOURNERS
Michael C Kricfalusi (John's father)
Donald J Trump (Chairman of the Trump Organization)
Harvey Weinstein (Trump Manhattan president)
Stephen Worth (Former Trump Manhattan animator)
Vincent Waller (Former Trump Manhattan animator)
Will McRobb (Former Trump Manhattan animator)
Jim Smith (Former Trump Manhattan animator)
Bob Jaques (Former Trump Manhattan animator)
Richard Pursel (Former Trump Manhattan animator)

Trump spent much of his eulogy singing praises for John, but much of his allotted time was spent trying to demonize "Blair," John's former captive.

Outside the immediate burial site were at least 2 dozen hecklers, hurling insults towards John and the mourners.​

c36.jpg

JIM CORNETTE
Professional wrestling personality:
"When I first heard the news, I, like everyone else, was delighted to hear [John K] get his just desserts. But at the same time, I felt sick to my stomach because somewhere out there, Vince Russo is planning his next idiotic wrestling gimmick."

4433660869_3284e73ae7.jpg

JAY LENO
Host of The Late Show on CBS:
"I barely heard the story from my writers right after I finished the 5:00 PM taping of my show for that night. We had to scramble quickly to address the story for the following Tuesday night."

MV5BMTMyMTAwMzQ0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzM5MTU5MQ@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

CONAN O'BRIEN
Host of Late Night on NBC:
"The story seemed so cartoonish at first...but one way or another, we had to find a way to use comedy to help people make sense of the situation."​

November 1, 2002

A New York bankruptcy court grants custody of the rights to the Ren and Stimpy property to former Trump Manhattan and current DreamWorks staffer Bob Camp.

November 2, 2002

"Skyler" admitted to a White Plains therapy clinic after authorities clear him of murder charges and declare John K's death a justifiable homicide.