• Hope Still Lives

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Everything Has Been Said

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • A Change of Target

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know, I know. I have a bad habit of starting (and restarting) timelines and not finishing them. I hope that this one will be different. So I have eight TLs that you might like:

1. Paths of Glory: POD: May 17, 1917. What if the Germans realized that the French army mutinied?

2. No Miracle: POD: May 24, 1940. What if the Dunkirk Miracle never happened?

3. The Man From Kenosha: POD: May 7, 1945. What if Orson Welles ran for the open Senate seat in Wisconsin?

4. An Abiding Faith: POD: June 25, 1948. What if Thomas Dewey had campaigned harder in the 1948 election?

5. Bullets at Blair House: POD: November 1, 1950. What if Harry Truman was assassinated?

6. Hope Still Lives: POD: July 18, 1969. What if Chappaquiddick never happened?

7. Everything Has Been Said: POD: January 4, 1976. What if Mo Udall won in 1976?

8. A Change of Target: POD: October 3, 1980. What if Jimmy Carter was assassinated?

You have one choice. Poll closes on June 18.

1 and 3 tied for my top choice.

I'd like to get a shot at Senator Welles, but I'm sure someone else can do it better than me.

But the idea of Germany taking advantage of mutinies is very intriguing.

After all, with the bolsheviks rampaging, Germany took advantage of that.

But would lightning strike twice?

1 and 3 tied for my top choice.

I'd like to get a shot at Senator Welles, but I'm sure someone else can do it better than me.

But the idea of Germany taking advantage of mutinies is very intriguing.

After all, with the bolsheviks rampaging, Germany took advantage of that.

But would lightning strike twice?

Well if Senator Welles happens (unlikely as that seems at this point), we could do it together.

I am on a World War One trajectory now. So #1. I wonder how that would play out, across the rest of the 20th Century.