Votes: 8 15.7%

Votes: 10 19.6%

Votes: 24 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For Map Continuation:
Korean Flag proposals.PNG

Korean Flag proposals.PNG

I am not sure what you're shooting for in here. You have kept the Korean Taijitu and the original four sysmbols of geong, gon, ri and gam. besides that, the green is usually not one found in their culture and four other symbols I can't identify off hand. What is it a flag of? :confused:

I picked 7 as the bested you posted.

This is only a suggestion, but you should change the red in the yin-yang to the same yellow color as the symbols. I could see you changing the symbols at the four cardinal points to the same blue that is in the yin-yang.

I am not sure what you're shooting for in here. You have kept the Korean Taijitu and the original four sysmbols of geong, gon, ri and gam. besides that, the green is usually not one found in their culture and four other symbols I can't identify off hand. What is it a flag of? :confused:
http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/kr_hist.html

The green is taken from the 8 kawe flag(which means it is found in their history), and the yin-yang and the kawe's themselves are taken from the Royal Korean Consulate flag.

And one of these will be the flag for the Kingdom of Korea in Map Continuation Map 2-Asia.

I picked 7 as the bested you posted.

This is only a suggestion, but you should change the red in the yin-yang to the same yellow color as the symbols. I could see you changing the symbols at the four cardinal points to the same blue that is in the yin-yang.
Well yes, but most Korean flags have the Red-Blue yin-yang.

And I want this flag to have a basis in OTL Korea, at least a little bit.

Krall

Banned
I chose 5, it was the one I liked the look of the most. I have noticed a few problems with your flags, though, like:

1. The vertical line on the flags which are divided into quarters have some pixels out of place at the top.

2. The horizonal lines on the flags which are divided into quarters overlap the yinyang a little.

3. On the flags which are not divided into quarters, the 4 symbols directly above, below and to the side of the yinyang are exactly the same.

3. On the flags which are not divided into quarters, the 4 symbols directly above, below and to the side of the yinyang are exactly the same.
I hate to tell you, but that part of the flags was/were unaltered from the OTL Historical Korean flags from FOTW

So take it up with Korea:D

Krall

Banned
I hate to tell you, but that part of the flags was/were unaltered from the OTL Historical Korean flags from FOTW

That's strange, because the symbols above, below and to the side of the yinyang are different on the other flags...

That's strange, because the symbols above, below and to the side of the yinyang are different on the other flags...
Well, on the quartered flags, I had to make those yellow lines, in order to quarter the flags, and the lines did go through a few of the symbols.

Actually, it was altered by whoever made it because the bagua is actually a set of eight different symbols, while only five are there and 1 is repeated four times. As well, they're not in the right order either. I tried to edit it to be in the correct order based on this.

Edit: And then I went and messed it up myself. Now it should be right. :(

bagua.png

#8 has the best colour balance IMO. Everything else has red on red which blends out to indistinctiveness.

Have you thought of a tri-panel (red-green-red) with the yin-yang symbol in the centre green panel? Not sure if that would look good or not...

#8 has the best colour balance IMO. Everything else has red on red which blends out to indistinctiveness.

Have you thought of a tri-panel (red-green-red) with the yin-yang symbol in the centre green panel? Not sure if that would look good or not...
^That. A thousand times, that.