Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible. I can see something like Doraemon, Nadia, Sailor Moon, and Osomatsu-kun be voiced by Disney voice actors without any issue.
I call dibs on Dave Goelz singing the English theme for Osomatsu-kun. If you've heard the theme, you'd hear a distinct twang of Gonzo in the singer.

I would be over the moon if TTL turns out with an alternate ending to Nadia because once Gainax start dropping the ball before the end of the show Disney picks it up and finishes the show itself because they can't bear the thought of a show that started so well ending so poorly when they can do something about it (like some financial assistance at the very least).

I would be over the moon if TTL turns out with an alternate ending to Nadia because once Gainax start dropping the ball before the end of the show Disney picks it up and finishes the show itself because they can't bear the thought of a show that started so well ending so poorly when they can do something about it (like some financial assistance at the very least).
Imagine if Jim Henson invested in Gainax? Maybe Neon Genesis Evangelion ends up being a better show if they're not constrained by budget.

I was thinking Disney as a company and not Jim specifically, a scenario of: 'we've invested enough to pick up this show we rather like but Gainax has really dropped the ball in the planning department and is practically making it up on the fly. Our best option, as I see it, is to take over the company in exchange for settling their financial issues, taking the time penalty to plan and finish the series properly (I understand there's already a script for a 'filler episode' or two). Option two is to take over production mid-stream and do it ourselves in-house. Option three is to do nothing and ride the flop all the way into the ground because it's the least effort.'

Deleted member 165942

If that happens then Evangelion will be very different as it was a mixture of Anno's pre existing issues, disenchantment with the Otaku lifestyle, and depression born from the stress of trying to keep Nadia together that gave birth to the weird, surreal, melancholic and depressing series that we know, it was originally supposed to be a normal Mech anime you know? If the production of Nadia went a bit better and Anno's depression didn't happen then Eva as we know it won't exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that happens then Evangelion will be very different as it was a mixture of Anno's pre existing issues, disenchantment with the Otaku lifestyle, and depression born from the stress of trying to keep Nadia together that gave birth to the weird, surreal, melancholic and depressing series that we know, it was originally supposed to be a normal Mech anime you know? If the production of Nadia went a bit better and Anno's depression didn't happen then Eva as we know it won't exist.
You say that like it's a bad thing (puts on his villain moustache and top hat).
As someone who used to be really into Eva during high school rewatching years later and it just didn't hold up for me. All the parts people really seem to remember are mostly visual or a particular scene that they really loved (or, let's face it, found particularly sexy because we were still pretending we had anything else on our minds before we grew up and really did have other things on our minds). All the bits my friends used to tout as being 'deep and philosophical' just came off as 'no shit, dumbass, this only seems deep when you're a socially maladjusted fourteen year old like Shinji.'

Anyway, my 'devil's advocate' stance is that the show is rather like Final Fantasy 7, in that everyone remembers it, if not were blown away by it, because we'd never seen anything like it before, but it's not actually that great if you come back to it after a long absence and you're looking past the presentation and at the content.

Deleted member 165942

Funny enough OTL Anno will agree with you lol, he would really prefer it if Eva didn't exist because now it's just a constant reminder of how screwed up he was after Nadia, so I agree let's save ITTL Anno the embarrassment, regret and cringe our Anno has to suffer from.

Yeah, Wing will not be viewed as highly ITTL since the fans are already well established and they love the UC timeline. I can see them appreciate the incredibly dark joke, though.

Well, my first draft of that spot featured Chang asking Treize how many people had died due to his orders in the White Fang War, and getting a straight, precise answer down to the ones digit. I decided I preferred the seeming non-sequitur question from Heero when spoken out of context, so that anyone who hadn't actually seen it in context would think the show had a Fooly Cooly or Bobobo-bo-bobo kind of vibe.
They're coming over, though I don't think G Gundam needs changing in terms of title, as it will come over by the late 90s and people aren't as culturally sensitive as they are today.

It's less the national stereotypes, and more the fact that the setting is so much nicer than any of the others, that it shares more in common thematically with Fourth Generation Equestria, or the Color Sky of Rainbow Brite than with any other Gundam continuity Earth (Yes, even SD Gundam properties). It may take place after WWIII, but at least the present is (as far as the Average Joe is concerned) no worse than North America north of the Rio Grande or Western Europe, with all the skullduggery taking place behind closed doors and not affecting general life right up until the revelation of the Devil Gundam. For that matter, Domon is a fully grown adult whose Dark and Troubled Past is so mild that almost any other Gundam protagonist (Save the Build Fighters, Build Divers, and possibly Asemu and Judau) could say "quit your whining," and it wouldn't press a knowing Domon's Berserk Button without causing sharply disapproving stares from Rain, Allenby, and (the rest of) the Shuffle Alliance.

No, Tomino will still do ZZ. In fact, I'm planning for him to integrate it even more strongly to Zeta and CCA by having Amuro and Char appear regularly throughout the series (no Bait and Switch) since he has them for the show in the absence of Kamille, only for him to drop their final fight in favor of CCA. I'd say ZZ will be dark and serious throughout the series, but the ending will be much happier than Zeta since Judau, Leina, and the Gundam Team survive like OTL.

Depends on when he gets the therapy. Victory could be radically changed if he didn't go on the deep end and make it as mindbogglingly depressing as possible so it resembles more like Turn A, but that also depends on corporate meddling and F91 becoming a TV series. I'm all for suggestions when it comes to Gundam, as they're not set in stone.

If you search the forums, you can find at least one thread where Gundam Wing, Gundam SEED, and Gundam 00 take place as part of the Universal Century (As either another side to Zeta Gundam and ZZ or between Crossbone Gundam, and Victory Gundam, just after Gundam Unicorn, and sometime after G-Savior, respectively). You might or might not want to take a look at them.

Actually, does Disney own Hasbro or just the rights to airing their shows?
Maybe he meant that Disney owned the TV licensing rights and had no plans to import any new shows from Japan.
Is 4Kids still a thing
Yes, the company started as Leisure Concepts in 1970. Plus didn't they do most of the dubbing for Fox OTL and as such wouldn't they do the same same for PFN?
You can thank me for the wonky Americanized titles. To be specific:
Momento Apartments = Maison Ikkoku
Prince Muscle of the Galaxy = Kinnikuman
Elara the Robot Girl = Dr. Slump
City Hunters = The same thing, but with Kaori's role as the deuteragonist of the anime being more clearly defined. Hence the extra "s" at the end.
So the live action of Maison I kooky used the name Apartment Fantasy.
I don't see anything wrong with the OTL version of Kinnikuman - Ultimate Muscle.
Couldn't Spare and Dr. Slump also work?
For Osomatsu-Kun wouldn't The Matsuno Six work better in the US?
Also am I the only one who could see Disney picking up Tetsujin 28/Gigantor for Vaultoons at some point?
Also, Ulysses 32 is a sequel series to Ulysses 31, because you know that Hollywood Animation would try to dig through DIC's mothball closet to find something worth salvaging for the anime generation.
Sequel how so? Is this just the original Ulysses 31 rebranded?
A better question to ask is whether or not Takara has any Japan-exclusive Transformers animated content that could air on Toonami, because I could imagine a scenario akin to The Headmasters, Beast Wars II and Special, assuming they didn't just eschew animation entirely and are just relying on manga and TV Magazine to communicate the stories of the toys.
If Disney was the licensing rights to Transformers I don't think Nickelodeon can air any of Takara's material unless it is renamed and features no characters who was in anything released by Disney.
He would later attempt to rectify this in the movie compilation of Zeta Gundam in the 2000s (called Zeta Gundam: A New Translation), which includes an ending where Kamille survives his battle with Paptimus, spawning several manga detailing his whereabouts in this alternate continuity[5].

[5] A New Translation is most likely the same as OTL, being an adaptation of the TV series, but perhaps it could be fully animated this time around due to the butterflies. Of course, this means the ending will remain as is, albeit with a different context. I’ve heard that he becomes a doctor in Moon Crisis, so I could also see him retiring as one in this continuity as well with the New Translation manga.
If the Gundam Vs. and Dynasty Warriors Gundam game series actually still happen TTL, you can bet developers will find ways for the player characters to let Kamille live.
I imagine that some version of these games will exist ITTL and as for Kamille surviving that has already happened in at least continuity as seen above.
considering later events in Universal Century history (cough, Unicorn Gundam, cough cough Hathaway's Flash) the hero's sacrifice is effectively meaningless.
You're assuming that these two series will exist ITTL.
Also, I thought Nadia was a movie in OTL.
My guess is that unless something happens to any of those parties, the key players of OTL's 4Kids will be scattered to each of those companies and 4Kids Entertainment will never exist.
Not 4Kids could work for Triad and their PFN channel.
Okay. I'm going to be upfront here, and say that Pokemon will end up on one of these three blocks. This means that it will have been dubbed by either Disney, Warner Bros., or Columbia.
While I have no idea who should pick up Pokémon but what I do is that I kinda wish Pokémon was more similar to this:
da43ro2-330d6452-a88d-44f0-90b5-3898728fd49d.png

Also, if the networks are doing it in-house (and not working with external companies like Saban does), where does that leave a lot of the dubbing companies from OTL, or at least, those we know exist at least?
Wouldn't it be cheaper to hire out for dubbing? Even if Disney did do their dubbing in house I don't see companies like Hollywood/DIC and Columbia/Hanna-Barbara doing the same.

Deleted member 165942

If Beltorchika's Children becomes the story of CCA, then it's likely that the Hi-Nu and the Nightingale will be butterflied, since those were made up as a alternate version of the Nu and the Sazabi respectively. It kinda sucks since the Hi-Nu is so beautiful but I think it is worth it to have Amuro's kid be canon. I doubt he'll be the protagonist of something like Unicorn but maybe F90 or F91?
Or maybe an original entry that kinda serves as a sequel of Hathaway's Flash? I can see his/her (who knows maybe Tomino will be bold enough to make Amuro's child a female) series showing the reaction of the Earth Federation to Malty's failed rebellion, which causes a civil war of sorts in the Federation, and like how their own father started his career, the only child of the legendary pilot Amuro Ray is somehow dragged into it. Of course if this happens then F90 and F91 will be vastly different or maybe the plotlines of those two get incorporated and another three way war breaks out in the Earth Sphere, which can lead to the same conclusion of the Earth Federation losing their grip over the Earth Sphere.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Disney was the licensing rights to Transformers I don't think Nickelodeon can air any of Takara's material unless it is renamed and features no characters who was in anything released by Disney.
Ah, meant to write Vaultoons in that sentence, not Toonami, damnit. This is what happens when I don't watch what I'm typing...
Wouldn't it be cheaper to hire out for dubbing? Even if Disney did do their dubbing in house I don't see companies like Hollywood/DIC and Columbia/Hanna-Barbara doing the same.
Yeah, that's ultimately what my point was too.

You're assuming that these two series will exist ITTL.
Hathaway's Flash will still exist. Unicorn? Probably not.

Or maybe an original entry that kinda serves as a sequel of Hathaway's Flash? I can see his/her (who knows maybe Tomino will be bold enough to make Amuro's child a female) series showing the reaction of the Earth Federation to Malty's failed rebellion, which causes a civil war of sorts in the Federation, and like how their own father started his career, the only child of the legendary pilot Amuro Ray is somehow dragged into it. Of course if this happens then F90 and F91 will be vastly different or maybe the plotlines of those two get incorporated and another three way war breaks out in the Earth Sphere, which can lead to the same conclusion of the Earth Federation losing their grip over the Earth Sphere.
So far I'm really interested in the idea of a fleshed out F90 being a sequel of Hathaway's Flash where Amuro's kid becomes a pilot under Londo Bell against Oldsmobile Zeon, leading to some connections with Amuro Ray, Char Aznable, and the legacy of Zeon, as it would be the definitive conclusion of the Zeonic movement after Char's Counterattack (if Unicorn is butterflied). I can also imagine that the discontentment of the colonies would increase as the Federation's control starts to wane and Mafty's message is spread across the Earth Sphere, which is something that the Ronah family and Buch Concern can take advantage of, leading to the events of F91 (maybe it becomes a TV series??).

Not necessarily, it's28 years until it first appears. If it does it wouldn't be the same as OTL.
I meant the novel, which came out by 1989. It's a direct sequel to Beltorchika's Children, so it's likely to survive, whether the story becomes CCA or not.

The movie is an adaptation of it set after CCA (not Beltorchika's Children).

So the live action of Maison I kooky used the name Apartment Fantasy.
That is actually a good name for the show, albeit rather dull by the standards of English titles of anime dubs.
I don't see anything wrong with the OTL version of Kinnikuman - Ultimate Muscle.
The thing about Ultimate Muscle is that it's actually a sequel series to Kinnikuman. Prince Muscle of the Galaxy would be a dub of the original Kinnikuman anime.
Couldn't Spare and Dr. Slump also work?
I guess, but I think Arale would bring in Vaultoons' target audience more.
For Osomatsu-Kun wouldn't The Matsuno Six work better in the US?
Thank you for giving a title that would fit the translation a lot better. I applaud your suggestion.
Also am I the only one who could see Disney picking up Tetsujin 28/Gigantor for Vaultoons at some point?
I mean, they do have a working relationship with Osamu Tezuka, so getting Gigantor in the block in some capacity would make at least some sense.
Sequel how so? Is this just the original Ulysses 31 rebranded?
Okay, so I decided to look up the Ulysses 31 episode list, and apparently the show did have a clear finale. I didn't know that.

Okay, so I decided to look up the Ulysses 31 episode list, and apparently the show did have a clear finale. I didn't know that.

And that would preclude a sequel how? Consider that Star Battleship Yamato/Star Blazer had a beginning, a middle, and an end, and yet it got a sequel, too.

I guess, but I think Arale would bring in Vaultoons' target audience more.
Autocorrect changed that and I didn't catch it, I meant Elara and Dr. Slump.
Thank you for giving a title that would fit the translation a lot better. I applaud your suggestion.
You're welcome.
Basing an anime off the Odyssey will do that, now the suggestion of creating a series off of Jason and the Argonauts and keeping it set in the same setting as Ulysses 31 could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.