Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Treasure Planet was first pitched in ‘85, so it’s not going anywhere; the absolute worst that could happen is maybe the Goo-Goo Dolls deal falls through and TTL gets stuck with Creed instead.

IMO the real nail-biter is whether or not the sequel gets made.

Well, Treasure Planet was first pitched in ‘85, so it’s not going anywhere; the absolute worst that could happen is maybe the Goo-Goo Dolls deal falls through and TTL gets stuck with Creed instead.

Here's an interesting idea, combining Treasure Planet with Muppets Treasure Island.

I'd happily sacrifice TP2 (due to no sequels) if it means TP is a smashing success. The film could be reformatted as a Disney Channel TV series.

Here's an interesting idea, combining Treasure Planet with Muppets Treasure Island.
No. Just no. Both films are fantastic apart but together become a fuddled mess. I don’t think Jim or Ron/John would agree to that idea.

I'd happily sacrifice TP2 (due to no sequels) if it means TP is a smashing success. The film could be reformatted as a Disney Channel TV series.

No. Just no. Both films are fantastic apart but together become a fuddled mess. I don’t think Jim or Ron/John would agree to that idea.
Actually, both a sequel and a Tv series was planned for Treasure Planet.

Hey, so long as Kate Blake and her dad get canonized, I'm happy. Though splitting a movie into three or more 20-minute episodes is a lot more difficult than vice versa...

Something I forgot to mention in the last thread and only just remembered now - the darker and more satirical plot of Lame Ducks ITTL was (partly) inspired by the earlier #MeToo; after reading Pat Proft's original screenplay (which was, like OTL's Brain Donors, a loose remake of Night at the Opera), Mel Brooks basically overhauled the whole thing to reflect on the emerging state of the industry as a result of the movement - or rather, in Mel's words, "bring the ugly underbelly of the Hollywood meatgrinder into the spotlight".

Last edited:
Is it too late to suggest bringing this sort of writing back for Shrek! merchandise?
Eh, it might be too late to put this kind of stuff in an official post, but I won't be surprised if it's actually part of Shrek's marketing scheme. I mean, Jim is literally the head creative officer at Disney.

Eh, it might be too late to put this kind of stuff in an official post, but I won't be surprised if it's actually part of Shrek's marketing scheme. I mean, Jim is literally the head creative officer at Disney.
I just posted it out of cuteness

We do need more commercials that aren't afraid to get meta when it comes to promoting their products. Maybe because Jim does it so well that it can potentially work for a movie like Shrek.
I agree. It is cute and threatening. Which is fun.

Double post from the same account, but I literally cannot stop myself from not posting this. It's too hilarious!
It’s is funny and the Moose sounds like John Wayne.
Sorry for blowing it out of proportion there.
You did nothing wrong the video was cute and threatening a combo you don’t get often

That's naked Pooh not with the red shirt
I know for some chapters Pooh did have a shirt on. Pooh and Piglet walking through the woods hunting a Woozel springs to mind. The drawing was in black and white in the original but when Shepard did the colour edition he did it in Red so that was the intent.

That said, there might be the difference between the book entering the public domain and a specific representation or adaption being copyright. Certainly not an argument I'd make unless I had plenty of money to spend on lawyers, because I know Disney would argue it and they have deep enough pockets to drag it out even if they are completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.