When will TL-191 get a black US President?

Do you think TL-191 will take longer than ITTL 2008 to elect a black U.S. President like we did OTL?

JSmith

Banned
Do you think TL-191 will take longer than ITTL 2008 to elect a black U.S. President like we did OTL?
I think you could make the argument either way since there are, tragically, so many fewer blacks in the US in TL-191. That could mean that there is less racism and obstacles for blacks after the Second Great War and more of a chance for blacks to advance-including to the presidency. Then again so many fewer blacks means potentially less avenues for blacks to get into positions of power within the US. I would hope its the former.

I think you could make the argument either way since there are, tragically, so many fewer blacks in the US in TL-191. That could mean that there is less racism and obstacles for blacks after the Second Great War and more of a chance for blacks to advance-including to the presidency. Then again so many fewer blacks means potentially less avenues for blacks to get into positions of power within the US. I would hope its the former.

This is pretty much the case. TL 191 US will seriously push the equality ideal much more strongly (and earlier) than OTL. But there are also much less blacks to get into position of power and help each other forward (though the black community here will likely be much more tightly knit than in OTL).

I reckon it might happen a bit sooner (maybe the 90s) if at all.

About as likely (or maybe a bit more) as Germany getting a jewish Chancellor in OTL, not impossible, but hasn't happened so far...

JSmith

Banned
About as likely (or maybe a bit more) as Germany getting a jewish Chancellor in OTL, not impossible, but hasn't happened so far...
But on a percentage basis there are probably a lot more blacks left in TL-191 US as compared to OTL Germany-unless the black Israel happened ?

Or Cuba ? Haiti ,Jamaica or someplace Caribbean ? Section of the old CSA or Canada is possible but less likely I guess? Or what about Utah since the Mormons were moved to the Sandwich Islands ?

I think that Haiti was to serve as a minor analogue of Israel in David bar Elias' "After the End" TL, but it only does so through the *USA and *Haiti agreeing to have Haiti accept any voluntary African-American migrants (apparently some two million blacks make the trip), allowing *Haiti to develop its economy a bit better than OTL. Needless to say, there was probably considerably less violence against African-Americans in *Haiti as compared to that in major *American cities by Southern migrants living in ghettos that analogue the 1992 Los Angeles riots.