When the Tudor Roses are plentiful

1. 1533
A tiny Tudors challenge TL

The first few months of her pregnancy seemed wonderful to Anne, wife of King Henry VIII of England. Her belly had swelled satisfyingly quick with her first child, she has only once more had her courses after her wedding took place and thus had proved herself to be with Child after the first month of wedded bliss , her husband adored her and she knew that he would do even more so after he would be able to hold her and his son. Yes, Anne thought to herself, this year was surely a happy one.

The next few months turned her good mood a bit sour though, because where first her belly swelled quick but normal in relative size as her sister told her, now her belly had turned out to become nearly monstrously large.
The Respected doctors and an experienced midwife gently pressed her belly, laid the ear trumpets against her big bump and then Anne and the King received the astounding news that there was more than one Child in Anne's belly.

King Henry was happy about that, he felt himself now truly on the right side. Wasn't this the sign for him, for everyone else, that he, Henry Tudor was right by what he did and thus now blessed by God?
Yes, Henry felt that absolutely!

Anne, less so!. It was her first pregnancy and then already two at once. It scared her a bit to think about such a birth but with her sister by her side and the knowledge that Henry would now be even more in love with her for giving him two sons at once, she forced herself to swallow her fear, straighten herself as much as she could with the heavy bump in her middle and to look forward to the birthing bed.

And dear God, her desire for the birthing to be done grew daily over the last few months of her pregnancy, especially when she had to spend the last couple of weeks in bed, earlier than she had hoped for and just because she had grown such a huge belly that she just could not move anymore without being helped by Ladies to steady her.

And then, finally then it all started at the seventh day of September in this year of 1533.
After long and painful hours in the birthing bed, Anne had proven herself true to her promise which she had given Henry at their wedding.

King Henry VIII was finally once more father of a son and another one and a daughter and another one of that too.

Yes, four children at once had been birthed by Anne Tudor and as soon as she had rested enough and the pain had been thankfully dulled down considerably, she felt as glorious and safe as never before.

Henry, King of England felt even more so. Hadn't the almighty God proved with this miracle birth that he, Henry was blessed by him? Yes, of course the father in heaven did so!

This miracle of four children at once, granted to be possible by the almighty and made by by his, Henry's royal seed, had shown the World that he, the King of England had been right in his way and the Pope in Rome had been wrong. Hah!

In short, King Henry was on top of the World and was absolutely gleeful that had he proved himself to be wiser and smarter in choosing his Anne, than all of his opponents had with their resistance against his will.

And so, when the Princes Henry and Edward and their sisters, the Ladies Elizabeth and Margaret, were presented to the Court and the represents of other lands, King Henry was in a jubilatious mood. God had shown his favor and it was towards him, Henry and damn all those who had stood against it.

Anne had proved herself to be of a plentiful womb and the future finally looked satisfyingly childfilled again.

Last edited:
Great start! I think Anne's head is quite safe. With four children - two of them sons - after the first pregnancy, the various monarchs of europe would realise that Anne isn't going anywhere.

"And so, when the Princes Henry and Edward and their sisters, the Ladies Elizabeth and Margaret,"

Wouldn't that be Princesses?

Last edited:
Great start! I think Anne's head is quite safe. With four children - two of them sons - after the first pregnancy, the various monarchs of europe would realise that Anne isn't going anywhere.

"And so, when the Princes Henry and Edward and their sisters, the Ladies Elizabeth and Margaret,"

Wouldn't that be Princesses?

Henry VII's daughters were definitely referred to as the Lady Margaret and Lady Mary as children, as were Edward IV's daughters. Elizabeth might get the title by virtue of being the eldest legitimate daughter, but certainly not Margaret...

I love the fact that people have really taken this challenge to their hearts! I only mentioned it in passing on my own TL, and look what's happened!

2.Pope Clement.....
When the Holy Father, Pope Clement VII received the unfortunate news about the lucky blessings of four living children at once, which had been born to the unpleasant English King, it resulted in said Pope at first not believing such a thing even possible and then suddenly sinking back in his chair, grabbing desperatly at his chest and then dying barely half an hour later after having received the news from England.

This sudden death unfortunately delayed the wedding Preparations between his niece Catharina de Medici and Henri, the second son of the King of France.

And then the Wedding was stopped altogether when the young Catharina died suddenly two days after she attended the burial Ceremony of her late Uncle, Pope Clement.

These two deaths were of course unfortunate for King Francis of France, who had hoped for a wealthy Bride for his second son and one who came with influence too but in the end, he found it only a minor setback.

The Duke of Florence , who found himself quite a bit more enriched with Catherina's death, since he was her closest relative after all and thus the one who was the logical heir to all wealth of Catherina, well to be honest, 'Il Moro' was not tragically sad but instead quite satisfied.

And the King of England was once more rather assured that the Lord in Heaven was on his side. The Heavenly Father had proved it after all who he favored, with blessing Henry and killing the Pope.

Last edited:
And the King of England was once more rather assured that the Lord in Heaven was on his side. The Heavenly Father had proved it after all who he favored, with blessing Henry and killing the Pope.
Henry VIII is very full of himself isn't it? this is before the justing accident too right?

Henry VIII is very full of himself isn't it? this is before the justing accident too right?
You are right!
With both things, it is before the jousting accident (which might never happen) and good old Henry is totally full of himself.:biggrin:

kaiidth: the Duke of Florence will inherit only the Medicis possessions of Catherine, not her French land who at that point will be most likely kept by her aunt’s widower, the Duke of Albany (who was also first cousin of his late wife) or will go to Jean 1er de CHABANNES de CURTON (son of the elder daughter of Catherine’s maternal grandfather; the middle daughter was the paternal grandmother of Diane de Poitiers and the younger was Albany’s mother)

Dear isabella, I am aware of that. But I am sure that Alessandro will enjoy the part of Medici possessions which were Catherine's before her death.
Absolutely. I was just saying who the most valuable part of Catherine‘s inheritance (without that is unlikely she would be EVER taken in consideration as Queen of Scotland or Duchess d’Orleans) would go elsewhere as that came from her mom

Absolutely. I was just saying who the more valuable part of Catherine inheritance would go elsewhere as that came from her mom
And I am thankful for the knowledge about the French part of the inheritance.
But who do you believe of the two heirs would have the better chance, Duke of Albany or Chabannes de Curton?

And I am thankful for the knowledge about the French part of the inheritance.
But who do you believe of the two heirs would have the better chance, Duke of Albany or Chabannes de Curton?
That depend of how much control Albany still has on that lands, while they belonged to Catherine... And Albany is rather old, childless and in OTL would die in a couple of years so...

That depend of how much control Albany still has on that lands, while they belonged to Catherine... And Albany is rather old, childless and in OTL would die in a couple of years so...
Hmm, he is about 52 years old in the Year 1533, he doesn't necessarily have to die 1536. But I have to admit that I found not much about him that I liked and so I am quite okay with how his last couple of years went by and would not make him Catherine's heir in this TL.

Hmm, he is about 52 years old in the Year 1533, he doesn't necessarily have to die 1536. But I have to admit that I found not much about him that I liked and so I am quite okay with how his last couple of years went by and would not make him Catherine's heir in this TL.
Then Catherine’s French inheritance would go likely out of the scene